Discuss Rcd trips after installing rcd in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Think with all the bad press, I suspect the OP is going to be a bit reticent in replying.
Bad press???? Nothing to do with the clueless original post that clearly demonstrates that the "electrician" in question has not the first idea of what he is no doubt taking good money off some poor unsuspecting customer for then? And the chances of him/her coming back on here and contributing to the thread? Non existent, as usual!

Bad press???? Nothing to do with the clueless original post that clearly demonstrates that the "electrician" in question has not the first idea of what he is no doubt taking good money off some poor unsuspecting customer for then? And the chances of him/her coming back on here and contributing to the thread? Non existent, as usual!
Well, the original post was a bit vague, Ill give you that. Perhaps if the OP does come back, we might get some clarification, before we make assumptions.

I suspect we've ALL posted in haste and regretted aspects of it later, but this is all very basic stuff ...... so fingers crossed he'll update us soon......

I was a good boy... :babyangel:

Try giving the guy some professional advice if that's what you are and not sarcastic bull****.
OK. Well, I am not sure what the "guy" in question's qualifications or experience are but I suspect he is also some "Domestic installer", whatever the hell that is, either way it would be to go and get some proper qualifications, as he obviously has no idea what he is doing. Presumably he is charging some poor unsuspecting customer for the benefit of having his dubious talents on their premises, fannying about and not even having the experience or ability to diagnose what is probably a simple, obvious mistake he has made, as has been pointed out to him. This guy has put himself forward to the public as a competent person who has taken on the task of replacing this poor sods consumer unit, and he obviously has no idea what he is doing, and you think he should be given a step by step guide? He doesn't need professional advice he needs taking out of the frame like part "P" was supposed to do.

To be honest given that the op hasn't responded for what may be for perfectly legitimate reasons and hasn't had time to expand or reply then I find it pathetic that there has been a bit of a ganging up of negative derogatory replies, I'm not going to take to task each member but I'll just set a warning out that the forum won't tolerate such abuse and if it carries on then we will be losing some of you... if you cannot help and be constructive with advice then don't post.

Oh for christ's sake Darkwood stop being so blinking dictatorial and get real. The guy obviously has not got a clue what he is doing and shouldn't be coming on here asking for such basic advice. Is this what the forum is for, assisting people to take money off the unsuspecting public when they clearly should not be at large? And do you really think the OP is going to come back??

Oh for christ's sake Darkwood stop being so blinking dictatorial and get real. The guy obviously has not got a clue what he is doing and shouldn't be coming on here asking for such basic advice. Is this what the forum is for, assisting people to take money off the unsuspecting public when they clearly should not be at large? And do you really think the OP is going to come back??
With all respect and maybe you are right but there are a few ways of giving your opinion, A - The polite way with constructive advice or B - To mock and demoralise another member, looking at your very recent posts it seems you have little interest in A and use the forum for your own amusement, I suggest if you have had a few sherberts then you consider your response carefull, we all probably come on line after a few and spout things that can be a bit insulting, derogative and/or abrasive hence I didn't take it further.. we are not going back to the old days of members ganging up on people, there are 2ways to get a point across, if a member is clearly out of their depth then be polite and give constructive advice.
This is no longer up for discussion so please don't question it again.

Last edited:
With all respect and maybe you are right but there are a few ways of giving your opinion, A - The polite way with constructive advice or B - To mock and demoralise another member, looking at your very recent posts it seems you have little interest in A and use the forum for your own amusement, I suggest if you have had a few sherberts then you consider your response carefull, we all probably come on line after a few and spout things that can be a bit insulting, derogative and/or abrasive hence I didn't take it further.. we are not going back to the old days of members ganging up on people, there are 2ways to get a point across, if a member is clearly out of their depth then be polite and give constructive advice.
This is no longer up for discussion so please don't question it again.
Fair enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry but I am with Sparksburnout on this one. I assume the purpose of this forum is to help fellow electricians with the odd issue which we may not have come across before, certainly not be a helpline for people who clearly have no idea what they are doing and who have probably undercut a decent sparks price to get the job.

I thought that this forum was to help out everyone, from the DIYer to the professional.
We don't know the OPs situation. I still go by my earlier post and he may be have had a 'brain fart' moment. Also I like @Richard Burns post #17.
I don't think the OP will be back, can't blame him really. It would be a shame if the OP was just having a bad day and came to us for help and we pushed him away.

Agree with Spoon^^^^^ I think we need to get more info from every op before we make any judgement and then tailor the replies to suit.So maybe going forward try and get a bit more detail from them before anyone goes in boots first.

Reply to Rcd trips after installing rcd in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net