Discuss Recessed Light going out after 20ish seconds... in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I'm led to believe a failing recessed bathroom light I have is usually due to the thermal protector. However I see none in my lighting circuit; the bulb connects direct to an IBL 5002 50VA transformer.

My question is then is it likely the transformer that is faulty and can I replace it with any similar 50VA transformer? I've already tried a new bulb.

What bulbs are you using to replace the old one? If they are LED it maybe because you need a driver instead of a transformer.

They're halogen.

On the 'lampholder' are you referring to the little white socket that houses the bulb in below picture? Where can I buy these?

https://i.Upload the image directly to the thread.com/rf5b1Uu.jpg

Could be transformer or lampholder and considering how cheap they are you might as well change both. Transformers are available with the lampholder attached.

Also change the lamp when you change the lampholder as a poor connection in the old lamp holder will have damaged the pins of the lamp. If you put a lamp with damaged pins into the new lamp holder then this will damage the new lampholder.

Reply to Recessed Light going out after 20ish seconds... in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

We have an LED recessed light that has failed. The unit is marked GLOBO 12363 (which I'm assuming to be a model number). But I can find no...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I need help installing a Lorex smart doorbell. I have tried to install a doorbell transformer several times to no avail. The first...
Replies
Views
Hi all, No electronic knowledge here. The plug/transformer of a led lightstring is fried. Now I am trying to find a replacement on Aliexpress...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've installed a Monsoon Extractor Fan kit today, all is up and running and everything is working with the exception of the LED. When I...
Replies
Views
Hello I have recently moved home and I looking to upgrade lighting across the house to LED. In the kitchen I have found that there is installed...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock