Discuss REcommendations for a 'quality' 150w or 200w LED floodlight? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hello all.

I have been in discussions with my client with regards lighting for her horse manege for some time as the client has been changing their mind quite a bit about how many poles to have down each side, whether to have 2 x 150w per post or 1 x 240w p/post etc etc.

I have given lighting designs to the client from Wirefield as I quite like the look of their calshot range of commercial floodlights, also I can get these from my local Wilts which I have a very good relationship with, so any after sales problems will be dealt with without issue.

I also like JCC as their after sales service is good and product quality is good. They have the 'Toughflood' range which looks promising, however when I asked them for a lighting design they said they did not have a suitable floodlight for a horse manege, I found this strange and have since written back to them asking them to expand on their reasons.

My question is, Are there any other 'quality' manufacturers that you guys would recommend for high powered LED floodlight (minimum of 150watts)? Specifically quality of product and no hassle refunds?

Thanks alot in advance (due to the lack of a thanks button :rolleyes:).

I can only recommended who to stay away from having failed lunminairres that have just turned over 12 months old.

1. Tamlite
2. Contrac

Thanks Lee, I'll bear those in mind.

Another thing to check,being as i am,immersed in the equine world,is the height of the poles.
If they are not high enough,you will get "feedback",shall i say,regarding an LED's ability to dazzle. Obviously,this height is directly proportional to the size of the arena.

It's use as either an exercise space,or jump arena,will also affect choice.

What you need to do,is what i have had to do,the whole of my life,with these folk. Listen to what they say,without necessarily taking any notice:)

Hi Lee,

I have written off to Bell Lighting and already had a reply which is always a good start, however I will write to Brackenheath as well but only if you have actually used them or know of people who have used them and they are happy with them? I realise you probably wouldn't have supplied the link unless you have heard or had a good experience with them but i just wanted to make sure?

Cheers :)

The person I deal with is a woman called Angie clarke at Bell

Mercedes make the brackets now - all galvanised! Job done!

Reply to REcommendations for a 'quality' 150w or 200w LED floodlight? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock