Discuss Recommended CCTV systems in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi.

One of my regular clients' father's house was broken into last night by an armed gang. They beat him up a bit and burgalled the house. Pretty shocking, four people smashed the rear patio door and simply ran in and terrorized the 2 occupants.
As he was elderly I expect they cased the house or street beforehand and identified him as living at that address.
Anyway my client lives a few doors down and has requested additional security. I haven't fit CCTV before but I see there are lots of off the shelf products available. I don't want something which is going to break down in a couple of years. Can anyone get me started on CCTV basics. I'm thinking at least 1 camera with a zoom lens would be good so it could see further down the street for all round neigbourhood protection.

Btw the address is in Sutton, Surrey,

Cheers

Spynage

Hikvision, Dahua and Uniview are jusy some of theprofessional brands. Hikvision being the most popular.

You can get a vari-focal lens to adjust the zoom and the field of view.

Just make sure you get a turret camera. The bullets get obscured by cobwebs and the domes are poor when it rains.

Hikvision is what I tend to install and can't fault it, tend to fit their 4MP domes which I find to be brilliant.

Cat 6 cable from central point (where you'll be fitting the NVR) to each camera location, cable from NVR to router to allow them access via smartphone app and you're more or less there!

Would generally say Hikvision, they are the most popular cameras to buy at the moment. I had only one problem with HIK but they have appear to have sorted that out now with Hik-Connect. I haven’t really tried Dahua and UNV, I think you can only get if you are with CCTV DIRECT. Most easiest one to get hold of is probably HIK

Reply to Recommended CCTV systems in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net