Discuss Reference books for domestic design & installation in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

C

claret73

Hi
Plying my trade at present with a domestic electrician (experience is experience)...I'm wanting to know more with regards to the prior thinking required such as requirements for designing the installation when new or considerations to additional work to be carried out...
I've got 2330 Notes on Calcs, Regs Book + OSG + Building Regs but am trying to see if any written books on domestic situations...
Not quite sure if this post is all making too much sense. Bit of a scatty one I'm asking...
Cheers if anybody has any pointers
Andy

dont know of any specific books but i think what you have is sufficient maybe get a copy of brian scaddens electrical installation work as well

The On Site Guide (OSG) red book cover 20 quid from Waterstones, this gives details of cables sizes and tons of other info. Also you can buy a Design and Verifaction same price. Also an interesting one I also found Is the Part P Doctor

Irish

Yep
Was looking at the IEE Design book...
Think I'll get that.
Cheers

Trouble I have is I'm getting one objective opinion & at certain times wonder if it's the right road to go down or should be considering a better/different approach? Learning heaps though, but looking to refine self knowledge...

Thing is mate there is hundreds of books on the market as you know, but the OSG is one that all will recommended. Good look, I have tons of books like yourself I have a thirst for knowledge lol

Reply to Reference books for domestic design & installation in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock