Discuss Replace time clock with double socket. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
A guy asked me to replace a domestic timeclock with a double socket. Is it OK to simply throw the new socket onto that circuit (seeing it is not being used any more and there is only one socket going to be used?

Why would it not be O.K if the cable size and condition, the installation method and circuit protection are all suitable for a circuit containing a socket?

It's the start of a new year. We should all be happy and helpful... :) The bloke doesn't ask for lots of help, it's only his forth post.

OP: Please answer post 3.

I'm sure the OP will get back to us very soon..... as they all do....... to answer the questions.
When do we get the sarcastic fonts in this thing????

A guy asked me to replace a domestic timeclock with a double socket. Is it OK to simply throw the new socket onto that circuit (seeing it is not being used any more and there is only one socket going to be used?

Murfit - can you please PM me regarding your level and experience you have asked a question that cannot be answered without at the very least some infomation regarding the existing circuit, the question is too broad to answer on its own so until I or another member of staff hears from you, the thread will be closed.

Reply to Replace time clock with double socket. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

If someone made a request to you, to install a new double socket that would be supplying power to a tumble dryer along a circuit that does not go...
Replies
Views
I have just checked a double outlet and it trips at 18ma. It was supposed to be faulty. Washing machine had a bad heater which got replaced but...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. It would be really useful to run this past you and get a consensus/input from you for what would be a realistic amount to charge for an...
Replies
Views
Grateful if someone could offer some advise, I'm struggling to find a definitive answer to this. I have a double socket, it was on the ring main...
Replies
Views
Essentially I have a "normal" socket in a ring mains, i.e. one 2.5mm T&E going in and one 2.5mm T&E going out. I am looking to simply add two more...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock