Discuss Replacement screw on lamp shade for bathroom spotlights required UK in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking for 3 replacement screw on cyclinder light shades for a bathroom spotlight. I believe the spotlight I have is Float Brushed Chrome effect Mains-powered 3 lamp Bathroom Spotlight | DIY at B&Q - https://www.diy.com/departments/float-brushed-chrome-effect-mains-powered-3-lamp-bathroom-spotlight/1681184_BQ.prd

I would really appreciate any guidance on where I can obtain three of these shades. They are approximately 11cm in height and 1cm diameter with a screw fitting at the top. Please see photos below.

I am in the UK.

Many thanks in advance

I see that this is a G9 fitting, and that the B&Q ad. says it's LED compatible.
I have a fitting over the basin in my bathroom that uses two very similar, if not identical, shades and find that even the lowest rated G9 LEDs (2.2W) tend to cook and fail in a not very long period of time.

buy a complete new fitting.

use the shades and keep the rest of the fitting in a box incase the fitting fails in the future.
that's what i was going to suggest before i read your post.

Reply to Replacement screw on lamp shade for bathroom spotlights required UK in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I've just had some electrical work completed in the bathroom; I've recently refurbished the bathroom, replacing the old electric shower with...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m a DIYer I am trying to replace an outside PIR lamp which is connected to an internal fused switch in the hall. Removing the cover of the...
Replies
Views
Hi I have three rooms. Two rooms have two lighting points, each with 3 GU10's coming out and 1 room and one point with 3 GU10's. So I have 5 of...
Replies
Views
Another long one from me ... I hope that it covers all the bases and is a more thorough approach to the subject. It is my first design work so...
Replies
Views
E
I think I've Posted this before, but I've just updated it. Some of the sparks where I work still get a little confused of what the different areas...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock