Discuss resturant kitchen sockets in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

jjjinx

-
Reaction score
this is the fourth time ive written this out as the blinking thing won't post :(

I've been asked to supply more sockets to a resturant kitchen especially to the middle of the kitchen.

Does anyone have any ideas to do this?

My thought is to mount a couple of columns in the middle bolted floor & ceiling with mounted sockets, does anyone know of anything plastic or aluminum that would do the job or any better ideas.

the loft space is good but the floor is tiled and I didn't see any access.

Thanks.

I've known a few chefs over the years and most of them you would say were not exactly the quiet retiring type, so not sure how impressed they will be with you sticking an humping great pillar in the middle of their kitchen.

I know this is a customer request but as the customer thought this through?

if you are going down the route of columns, some 2"x2" galv. lighting trunking with plastic lid. footplate bolted to floor, sockets mounted at required height on the trunking. neat job.alternative is channel floor and use conduit.

I've known a few chefs over the years and most of them you would say were not exactly the quiet retiring type, so not sure how impressed they will be with you sticking an humping great pillar in the middle of their kitchen.

I know this is a customer request but as the customer thought this through?

yeah i hear you, its just brain storming atm

If using any metal post's etc in a catering area you might need to use stainless steel...best to check with the Council Health people (those bods that check catering area's) to see if this is one of thier rules. Would hate to hear you you've had to go back and replace your work (likely free of charge) due to the council inspection dude condemning it.

I'd say the power pole is better than unistrut. Whatever you do, it has to be easy to clean.
I also have seen blue commando sockets hanging from the ceilings switched by a pull cord next to them.

Reply to resturant kitchen sockets in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net