Discuss Review my cv and cover letter in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Evening everyone

I have attached my cv and cover letter,(ive left out my personal details an current company name)..I'm currently looking to apply to local firms as an electricians mate...

I'd be grateful for any feedback,improvements etc..

Cheers

Mark

Attachments

• cover letter.pdf
    144.5 KB · Views: 100
  • Mark Blundell CV.pdf
    208.8 KB · Views: 89
yeah i should remove the flt license althought theres no expiry date on certificate,i just googled it an apparently thry last 3 years...done mine 2005..lol

Any other advice?

Mark,
Get down your nearest Job Centre and tell them you want help with your CV etc.
I did this quite a few years ago and they sent me somewhere (some other DSS centre I think), where they'll teach how to write a good CV. You sit through 30 mins or so where the geezer shows you how to produce a good CV.
You then get on the computers and rewrite it and they'll review etc. etc.
Take the one you've got on a memory stick.

It transformed mine with positive results in the end.

Writing a CV : Directgov - Employment

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe they can do something with mine. the one insurmountable problem is they can't change my birth year. soon as someone reads that, they say. UH,OH, old fart, politically incorrect, set in his ways, unemployable, but sod 'em. i work for myself as i'm the only person that would employ me. if i found someone willing to take me on, i'd assume he was loopy.

maybe they can do something with mine. the one insurmountable problem is they can't change my birth year. soon as someone reads that, they say. UH,OH, old fart, politically incorrect, set in his ways, unemployable, but sod 'em. i work for myself as i'm the only person that would employ me. if i found someone willing to take me on, i'd assume he was loopy.

I'll take you on tel. 3 and 6 a week plus all the KP nuts you can eat. I might even throw in a ferret if you promise not to set your cat on him. :)

don't need a wig, mate. hair is one thing i have managed to keep, along with most of my own teeth. it's just the bloodshot eyes and wrinkles that let me down.

Reply to Review my cv and cover letter in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock