Discuss Right, I'm going to be a really grumpy B*****d now in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dave I can't see an important part of your reply due to THE F^^^^^K "NEW" banner that is still obscuring it. Could you re-reply but include a carriage return after "today"?
Ah its just disappeared! Correct it means FA.
I've shifted it to the right a bit. :)

I like the "additions" it feels christmassy. so ignore the old whingers.

it's for kids really. as if the little monsters didn't have enough already. bloody xboxes and iphones. i'd give em an apple and an orange (between 6 of em).

Exactly what the kids want for christmas Tel you have hit the nail on the head !!!! AN ORANGE MOBILE PHONE AND AN APPLE COMPUTER
:rolleyes:

I work in a lot of retail outlets and some of them have their Christmas stock delivered in August, it is so commercial but probably has been for years. We decided years ago to elbow presents between each other and just enjoy the day with a few family members. Thankfully at our place this year so I can hide in the kitchen doing the cooking so I can avoid small talk which I am hopeless at.
I wouldn't have guessed Westy seeing has how you haven't shut up since you joined, HO HO HO :eek:

now i've got 3 white slugs sitting atop the page,

Christmas is about family-nowt more.
...But i have a pal who does a lot of deer stalking,and had the 3 grandkids staying Christmas eve...he set up a full gralloched carcase,by the fire,in an antique gin trap...tinsel on the antlers...the kids took it well,although their therapist has not commented :(

Work is out of the question,of course...apart from the year my sisters pal rang,2 hours before me mum's legendary festive feast...lost all power with the turkey still in...30's house,fused neutral had gone...santas elf wiggled his nose,and shazam :)

I think the reason that Christmas as lost it's appeal for a lot of people is that it as lost all of it's Magic, Everything is accessible 24/7, Supermarkets only shut for the Main day but a lot of Local shops are open even on Xmas Day, All the big retail outlets are open Boxing day so I think that's why it is harder to maintain that family feeling, Like I said when I was a youngster everything felt like it stopped for week, there was no internet or smart phones or sky tv so it literally was a case of entertaining yourself as a family unit.
Take normal everyday life now , I would love to know how many families sit down together every night and have a meal together, I bet it is a low number and I also bet even if people do still get the odd meal all at the same table , they will all be sat playing on their phones instead of interacting with each other.

Nothing more annoying than going out for a family Christmas meal with Friends as well, get shown to your table, quick introductions for those who haven't met before, then you guessed it out come the mobiles end of any conversations. I booked a Christmas meal about 4 years ago I stipulated all mobiles to be switched off, crikey you would have thought I had cut their hands off. Yes I agree with you Gorilla.

Nothing more annoying than going out for a family Christmas meal with Friends as well, get shown to your table, quick introductions for those who haven't met before, then you guessed it out come the mobiles end of any conversations. I booked a Christmas meal about 4 years ago I stipulated all mobiles to be switched off, crikey you would have thought I had cut their hands off. Yes I agree with you Gorilla.

...I bet your Easter celebration was a hoot...after your rabbit/chocolate ban...:)

Deleted as not relevant to thread anymore now picture has been removed :)

Last edited by a moderator:
christmas tree take 2

xmas tree up  yet.jpg

Good job I didn't mention the missing apostrophe. Bit of a hint of a Monty Python sketch there. Daz

Reply to Right, I'm going to be a really grumpy B*****d now in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock