Discuss Right, I'm going to be a really grumpy B*****d now in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

What picture deleted - what happened whilst I slumbered?

I agree with the sentiment in the pic, but it's a punctuation disaster zone.

The picture was edited out as it was another disaster (upped the wrong picture)

I dont do commas ::::::;;;;;;;;........,,,,,,,,,""""""""""""""""" Take your pick and put em where you like.

Glad you got the thread back on topic. see below for a reminder

"Right, I'm going to be a really grumpy B*****d now" ;)

We she has been in the loft the tree is down with boxes of decorations too summerhouse looks like santas grotto (its not finished yet) as she has some bits for me to do will post a picture when complete.

Shame I cannot 'like' my own posts.

IMG_2410.PNG

let's all get real. 45 sleeps till it's all over and done with . all the hogmanay pi$$ed up scots have been released from jail. branson is up on everest, never to be seen again, and we can all get back to a normal existence, wingeing about something else.

i buy mine in april when they are half price.

Made a start have to start early as work long hours/shifts inside is done too will post some good pics once all up and running .work in progress picture

I think the reason that Christmas as lost it's appeal for a lot of people is that it as lost all of it's Magic, Everything is accessible 24/7, Supermarkets only shut for the Main day but a lot of Local shops are open even on Xmas Day, All the big retail outlets are open Boxing day so I think that's why it is harder to maintain that family feeling, Like I said when I was a youngster everything felt like it stopped for week, there was no internet or smart phones or sky tv so it literally was a case of entertaining yourself as a family unit.
Take normal everyday life now , I would love to know how many families sit down together every night and have a meal together, I bet it is a low number and I also bet even if people do still get the odd meal all at the same table , they will all be sat playing on their phones instead of interacting with each other.
OMG this is so true, I couldn't agree more. Christmas has completely lost its meaning, and it is sad. I suppose it is just how things are these days, I dunno. I can remember when I was a lad (yeah I know), wanting a special bit of Meccano (think it was a pair of bridge girders), and waiting since about July. I found out years after my Dad ended up going all the way down to a big toy shop in London to get it! I literally spent all boxing day making things with it. These days, kids just get stuff all the time, and hundreds of pounds spent on a mountain of presents. As for the sitting down at the table thing, this has always been an absolute must-do rule in our house. No balancing your dinner on your leg while watching big brother, or disjointed meals, a proper cooked dinner round the table and no electronic distractions. I have to say, the worst offender during Sunday lunches at our house is the wifes b****y mother (77), what can you say? How long will it be before all the sales start on Xmas day not boxing day?? It's all American influenced.......

If I remember right ( May be wrong ) Don't they start with Holiday adverts on tv either Xmas day or boxing day for the coming year, you know Thomas cook etc.

I'm sure this has been covered before, but can someone tell me, what's with this stupid red and white barber pole b****y walking stick thing? Is it supposed to be "Christmassy"??

OMG this is so true, I couldn't agree more. Christmas has completely lost its meaning, and it is sad. I suppose it is just how things are these days, I dunno. I can remember when I was a lad (yeah I know), wanting a special bit of Meccano (think it was a pair of bridge girders), and waiting since about July. I found out years after my Dad ended up going all the way down to a big toy shop in London to get it! I literally spent all boxing day making things with it. These days, kids just get stuff all the time, and hundreds of pounds spent on a mountain of presents. As for the sitting down at the table thing, this has always been an absolute must-do rule in our house. No balancing your dinner on your leg while watching big brother, or disjointed meals, a proper cooked dinner round the table and no electronic distractions. I have to say, the worst offender during Sunday lunches at our house is the wifes b****y mother (77), what can you say? How long will it be before all the sales start on Xmas day not boxing day?? It's all American influenced.......

Come on mate. You can't generalise this. I have 2 young kids.
Yes things are easier to get. That is a good thing.
We still sit round the table as a family for dinner. No electrical items allowed. TV off, radio on.
I still love xmas even though I'm a grumpy old bugger.

There is a lot of American influences, yes, as long as we don't get their low IQ's, wanting to shoot everything, rubbish food and start interbreeding things will be fine... :)

Reply to Right, I'm going to be a really grumpy B*****d now in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock