Search the forum,

Discuss RING GUIDE, per socket wire thickness/AMPAGE? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Not cable, you would need chr wire but make sure to ask the wholeseller in big capitals, or shout and gesticulate in a nonchalant manner.

bugs hows that rewire of your coming along.. all done and dusted mate!!?? no more shocks lol

Should finish Friday, got a belt of the shower circuit in the loft (lashed up ) cooker hood wired to 13a plug (1.5 te with ccp chopped out ) had a meeting with solicitors surveyor today looks like it's gonna get nasty ,

OHHHHHH just what i like to here!! hope the landlord gets dragged to cleaners and back twice!!

that 4k he paid you will be a drop in ocean!

O do yourself a BIG favour SRAND , and don't dabble into something you OBVIOUSLY have ABSOLUTELY not the foggiest idea about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Leave electrics to the likes of us professionals with YEEAAARS of experiance! even we do occasionally make mistakes,the differances being;we know when we make em,and we CAN correct them!!!!

My word you'd think I was asking how to make/buy explosives, detonators, bombs, guns, bio hazard or toxic chemicals!

No wonder Luke Goss, isn't keen on Vampires! (You get it? "I hate vampires", well RING circuits is all about AMPAGE spread/distributed, point being if you don't know what it is on paper, you're not likely to come to the right conclusion, especially if you had it work it out the Kirchoff equation for yourself after not having ever done it before or not for a long time, without being near your reference guides/notes or a computer/laptop).

Anyway solved the Kirchoff equation. So in other words, the offices work it all out for the electricians, so I guess it's a red herring that electricians are good with maths.

See spreadsheet for Kirchoff calc with workings:

RING AMP autocalc: 1st tab

FUSEBOX MCB autocalc: 3rd & 4th tab

ELEC GAS WATER autocalc: 1st tab, scroll down

LIGHTING CIRCUITS diagrams: Section 9

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to RING GUIDE, per socket wire thickness/AMPAGE? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back