Discuss Schedule of Test Results: editable PDF based on IET Model form in the Electrician Resources and Downloads area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

happysteve

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
happysteve submitted a new resource:

Schedule of Test Results: editable PDF based on IET Model form - Looks just like the IET model form... but you can edit, save and print it in any PDF viewer.

This is a standalone Generic Schedule of Test Results, that goes either with an EIC or an EICR, in the format of a PDF. You can fill out the details using any PDF reader. It is derived from, and pretty much identical to, the IET model forms, at: http://electrical.------.org/wiring-regulations/forms/2015-amd3-forms.cfm?type=pdf The only thing I have added is a "Ref" field in the top right of the page, for you to add a reference (e.g. invoice number and page). There is a copyright...

Read more about this resource...

Yeah, this one page form alone is many (many) hours of work, manually making every field in the form have a unique name. I've tried it on a few different PDF readers. There are issues when merging PDFs if the forms are still "active" (ie you can still edit the values), but once you sign and export (so it's no longer editable) it should be safe to merge with either the EIC or EICR, or other test sheets. :)

hiya sorry to be a pain but can't input the full bs no for the protection device
On the test sheet (column 3)?

I can't see an issue from my end. The fields take 6 or 7 characters, depending on the width of the characters - so something like "60947-2" is still legible (just the right hand edge of the "2" missing).

You could always shorten the BS(EN) no, and put a note either in the remarks column, or in the box at the bottom of the form.

Can anyone help me with advice on how to get the test results to display and print better? The drop down button seems to sit over the top of the entry blocking it from view. What am I doing wrong?

Many Thanks, David.

Attachments

• Schedule of Test Results: editable PDF based on IET Model form E6D88AD7-62C1-4273-83B8-AB5F8C6D9A41 - EletriciansForums.net
    E6D88AD7-62C1-4273-83B8-AB5F8C6D9A41.jpeg
    101.6 KB · Views: 24
Can anyone help me with advice on how to get the test results to display and print better? The drop down button seems to sit over the top of the entry blocking it from view. What am I doing wrong?

Many Thanks, David.
What are you using to view/print the form? Adobe Acrobat Reader (on a computer) should work fine.

Have you "signed" the form, before printing out? Once you "sign" it, it is no longer editable, and the drop-down thingies should disappear.

(Always save a separate copy of the form before you digitally sign it, just in case you find out you made a serious typo somewhere and need to edit it. I always keep 2 copies: "invoice_no_EIC/EICR/MEIWC.pdf" and "invoice_no_EIC/EICR/MEIWC-signed.pdf" I send the latter to the client.)

Have you "signed" the form, before printing out? Once you "sign" it, it is no longer editable, and the drop-down thingies should disappear.
Thanks HS !
I will look for how to sign tomorrow. I’ve just got the free Adobe A. Reader on a Windows 10 pc. I’ll let you know what eventuates, thanks again.

Hi - thanks, I think that’s got me on the path. I found I was actually opening with MS Edge rather than Adobe, and it has no sign facility. Doh. Then I’d somehow corrupted the file (I blame the Cat) and got the image on the left. So I downloaded a fresh copy of your good works and happy days. Thanks again !
Schedule of Test Results: editable PDF based on IET Model form 75C1A2F9-8D31-49B1-9E11-96F5BF1133B6 - EletriciansForums.net

Reply to Schedule of Test Results: editable PDF based on IET Model form in the Electrician Resources and Downloads area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock