Discuss Scope for Stroma domestic installers.... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Baddegg

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
Popped up my corner shop this morning and the owner grabs me and says he’s been waiting to see me.....takes me out the back and asks can I change the consumer unit for him, straight forward enough job except the unit encompasses his flat above (domestic) and 2 rfc circuits in the shop below, (commercial?) gonna ring Stroma when they open but thought I’d ask on here for options on whether it comes under domestic or commercial, I don’t do anywhere near enough commercial work to warrant upping my membership so would advise he gets someone else but as 80% of it is domestic.......

No idea if it has changed after the ownership change, but stroma add ons are no extra cost.
Commercial three phase work, periodic inspection work, and third party notification have always been free.

If this shop shares the same supply and meter as the flat then this work is notifiable.

Hi - agree with All, if insurance covers domestic and light commercial (most do) then you’re good to go. I don’t see your CPS minding at all :) .
Thanks wilko more words

It's notifiable under part P becaus eof the domestic part of it.

You don't need to be registered with anyone to do non domestic work so there's nothing stopping you from doing that side of it.
I've been doing commercial work for years without any scheme membership.
Thanks Dave more words

Reply to Scope for Stroma domestic installers.... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi there sparkys! I work for a company who manufacture CT Clamps to measure current consumption. I'm a presales engineer, not an electrician...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys I have been following this forum over a number of years reading endless discussions and picking up things along the way. I am a JIB gold...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, came across this site while searching the net so thought I would register to ask some advice Im wanting to become a self employed...
Replies
Views
jamesK
J
R
Received this yesterday though it might make good reading for you. It appears NAPIT is offering a scheme similar to the NIC Approved contractor...
Replies
Views
SparkyJoe
S
pop quiz where does all that hazardous waste go to wish i didnt know the answer this comes to mind as i; am quite happy to work live when...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock