Discuss scotland again in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

I think this coupled with a whole load of other stuff could mean a Labour (tory-lite) government but it's more likely to be another coalition if I'm honest. Who will be the leader? Probably Milliband but one thing is pretty much certain, Farage will not be a kingmaker.
One thing this could bring in is a kind of federalism, with the various regions wanting greater and greater autonomy.

I have to agree with you Trev, i think we will see the re-emergence of regionalisation, the idea that Prescott had where the country will be split into 9 political regions.

What salmond has done is produce a generation of 16-17 year olds who will now grow up with a chip on their shoulder blaming all their woes on the British way.

Ha ha. ....You don't need to be an expert on Scotland to see the pure folly in a Yes vote!!!

Well we'll all see tomorrow what the outcome of the referendum will be? Maybe, just maybe your esteemed leader will even start telling the Scottish public a few painful truths, if the yes vote wins the day, but then it will all be too late!! lol!!

Well the people have spoken and it was nay. So it looks like another Conservative (coalition?) government at the next general election that don't represent the people of Scotland (there's currently 1 conservative MP in Scotland) and more of the same old same old. Let's see how long it takes for all the 'no' campaign pie-crust promises made to melt in the mouth of the politicians.

Its interesting how disenfranchised English people are when I speak to them about politics. Oft mentioned is immigration, benefits, the a Middle East - I'd not be surprised if the Conservatives end up with a UKIP coalition?

Come the same time in October or November, do you think most people will still be talking about this?!?!

They'll just stare blankly in your face. It's just another event that's been and gone.

So there it is then, +1 for project fear.
some interesting results like 60/40% for no in fife, never seen that coming tbh.
wonder if all the promises made will come about?probably not.
the retired vote is the one that swung it as they were worried about pensions etc IMO .

So there it is then, +1 for project fear.
some interesting results like 60/40% for no in fife, never seen that coming tbh.
wonder if all the promises made will come about?probably not.
the retired vote is the one that swung it as they were worried about pensions etc IMO .

DCF, I'm the eternal optimist, with any luck we'll all benefit from this result! :)

The scots made the right decision, just make sure you all vote for Labour next may and things will improve for you, the right wing politicians can be removed from power, you don't have to put up with the Tories forever, a good decision by you all, nearly 2 million to 1.55 million, thats a good majority.

Reply to scotland again in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net