Discuss scotland again in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Here's a thought that just occurred to me. People, including me, are saying that there's too many unanswered questions for a yes vote to be viable but are those questions not going to be answered based on the outcome of the referendum?
IE, if they vote no then there's no need to start the discussions about what we do about X but if they vote yes then get round the table

Whether the outcome is Yes or No - this will have massive rammifications across the whole of the UK for years to come.

Are you watching BBC1 at the moment?

Errr, if it's No, in a month's time, I reckon that the vast majority will have forgotten about all this.
There'll be rumblings about further devolution amongst the hardcore.
It's just another event, it's happened, forget it, move on. It's the British way! :)

Errr, if it's No, in a month's time, I reckon that the vast majority will have forgotten about all this.
There'll be rumblings about further devolution amongst the hardcore.
It's just another event, it's happened, forget it, move on. It's the British way! :)

Alec Salmond and Nicola Sturgeon won't let us forget - their faces will be on our TV all the time - because the "promises" of changes made by the 3 buffoons (Cameron, Clegg & Milliband) will need to be voted through Parliament - and I can't see that being an easy task!

Whether the outcome is Yes or No - this will have massive rammifications across the whole of the UK for years to come.

Are you watching BBC1 at the moment?
I'm on News24 atm mate. I agree about the massive ramifications, this could mean the end of Cameron, the end of the current political system, the beginning of a US style fedaral UK.
It really is huge.

Alec Salmond and Nicola Sturgeon won't let us forget - their faces will be on our TV all the time - because the "promises" of changes made by the 3 buffoons (Cameron, Clegg & Milliband) will need to be voted through Parliament - and I can't see that being an easy task!

I hope never too see Potatohead and his fishwife ever again after this.
And if the beeb is as biased as they make out, we won't! Happy days, don't be so pessimistic Murd!!!

I'm on News24 atm mate. I agree about the massive ramifications, this could mean the end of Cameron, the end of the current political system, the beginning of a US style fedaral UK.
It really is huge.

Why? Surely if he goes, so should Clegg and Milliband.

This upheaval is the absolute LAST THING UK plc needs right now - our European "cousins" must be rubbing their hands with glee.

Mr Hollande has pretty much said that already, as has the Spanish PM.

Why could it be the end of Cameron? Well, he's the man in charge so if it's a yes he's the one responsible for the break up of the union. If it's a no then he's the figurehead of the group who have promised Scotland more powers which are currently being plotted against by many back bench MPs so he's in a no win situation.
The upheaval had to happen sooner or later though, maybe the timing is unfortunate but it was always going to happen. Our European cousins are quietly ****ting themselves just now because of the ramifications of all this. Catalonia wants to split, as does the Basque territory. Venice wants independence from Italy.
I think that Hollande and the Spanish bloke are just joining in the No bandwagon "Vote yes and all sorts of bad things will happen to you"
"Such as"
"Economic ruin, higher prices, greater risk of terrorism"
"Oh yeah? Why's that then?"
"Erm......I'll get back to you"
The no campaign has concentrated, wrongly imo on the perils of a yes vote instead of stressing the benefits of Scotland staying in the union.
6 or 7 AM will tell what the way forward will look like.

Why could it be the end of Cameron? Well, he's the man in charge so if it's a yes he's the one responsible for the break up of the union. If it's a no then he's the figurehead of the group who have promised Scotland more powers which are currently being plotted against by many back bench MPs so he's in a no win situation.
The upheaval had to happen sooner or later though, maybe the timing is unfortunate but it was always going to happen. Our European cousins are quietly ****ting themselves just now because of the ramifications of all this. Catalonia wants to split, as does the Basque territory. Venice wants independence from Italy.
I think that Hollande and the Spanish bloke are just joining in the No bandwagon "Vote yes and all sorts of bad things will happen to you"
"Such as"
"Economic ruin, higher prices, greater risk of terrorism"
"Oh yeah? Why's that then?"
"Erm......I'll get back to you"
The no campaign has concentrated, wrongly imo on the perils of a yes vote instead of stressing the benefits of Scotland staying in the union.
6 or 7 AM will tell what the way forward will look like.

Hollande will veto anything that could damage the more than generous deal under the CAP for his farmers.

Well Mr Hollande - the CAP is holding the EU back so you need to be flexible.

I think this coupled with a whole load of other stuff could mean a Labour (tory-lite) government but it's more likely to be another coalition if I'm honest. Who will be the leader? Probably Milliband but one thing is pretty much certain, Farage will not be a kingmaker.
One thing this could bring in is a kind of federalism, with the various regions wanting greater and greater autonomy.

I think this coupled with a whole load of other stuff could mean a Labour (tory-lite) government but it's more likely to be another coalition if I'm honest. Who will be the leader? Probably Milliband but one thing is pretty much certain, Farage will not be a kingmaker.
One thing this could bring in is a kind of federalism, with the various regions wanting greater and greater autonomy.

One thing we can agree on Trev!

I note that the Welsh are getting in on the act - so its going to be one big mess!

Hollande will veto anything that could damage the more than generous deal under the CAP for his farmers.

Well Mr Hollande - the CAP is holding the EU back so you need to be flexible.
That's because he knows that the farmers own him (along with a few others) If the french government does something to p1$$ people off there's hell to pay. If Westminster does it there's a lot of loud tutting and frowning.
Sometimes we could learn from the French.

That's because he knows that the farmers own him (along with a few others) If the french government does something to p1$$ people off there's hell to pay. If Westminster does it there's a lot of loud tutting and frowning.
Sometimes we could learn from the French.

But why should the French farmers have the whole EU by the bxllxcks??

One thing we can agree on Trev!

I note that the Welsh are getting in on the act - so its going to be one big mess!
From what you posted on that top 10 policies thread you and I are not that far apart mate. The Taffs are getting in on it because their fallout from this could also be massive. If Scotland goes what happens to the cash from the Barnett Formula?
Well They're going to be there wanting a similar slice of a similar pie.

Because the French are 50% of the EU if truth be known. Remember what De Gaulle said about us? Non, Non ét Non. And he kept us out for a very long time.

If you draw the parallel with the EU vote, the turnout was low - and I think this is all to do with the fact that the EU vote by an individual means a whole heap of NOTHING - whereas the Scottish vote ACTUALLY counts!

Sod this for a game of soldiers, the first result isn't expected for another hour and like I say, it's an indication at best so I'm off to bed. Got a busy day tomorrow, going to build me a website.

Reply to scotland again in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net