Discuss Self Employed Domestic Electrician - What Course options? in the Electrical Courses and Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi,

I am 32 years old and I currently have a boring office job.

I have years of experience working alongside electricians, helping with the installation of Solar PV, alarm systems, CCTV and domestic wiring.

I am considering becoming an electrician myself and ideally I would want to be a self employed electrician doing general domestic work, but mainly focusing on Solar PV, electric vehicle chargers, domestic Wind Turbines, CCTV and Alarm Systems.

I am considering doing the Lvl 2 & 3 City & Guilds 2365 Diplomas and other smaller courses such as the 18th Edition course, EAL - Initial and Periodic Inspection, Testing & Condition Reporting Combined Course and 3 seperate Solar Panel, Wind Turbine and EV charger courses.

If i only wanted to be self employed and working in these areas, would i be able to become NICEIC approved contractor with these qualifications?

Or is it essential that i achieve my NVQ lvl 3 City & Guilds 2357 portfolio and aim towards achieving a JIB Gold Card?

Many Thanks

Marcus

Last edited:

Reply to Self Employed Domestic Electrician - What Course options? in the Electrical Courses and Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net