Discuss Should Scottish Government delay new smoke detector law in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Should this be delayed?

• Total voters
Well paying work in the future, when faults begin to occur and the handymen aren't answering their phones.
Handyman local to me has been going round doing smoke alarms - he can't seem to manage changing just the slide on Aico head or the plug in Kidde head, so he removes them and fits none interlinked standalone battery alarms.

I offer to fit both Aico and HiSpec and make it clear that one is a quality product and the other might be ok but if it fails I will come out and sort it a your own cost, where as if they have any issue with Aico I will come out for free, most of the time people will go for Aico, and will end up fitting a few extra in the houses too. HiSpec seem to be preferred by those who have money and are more worried about home insurance than safety....

Oh I thought I had, but just in case I forgot.

For sale:

One Ei3024 dated September 2032
One Ei3028 dated November 2031
Two Ei3028 dated August 2032
All fitted with SmartLink modules.

£200.00 for all four, PM if interested.
Thanks for reminding me @DPG . 😇
What sort of guarantee do they come with?

The manufacturers guarantee on the expire date and back too back on the re-seller I bought them from on e-bay at a greater cost than the asked for cost in the "For Sale" section.

Last edited:
Don't blame you in the slightest, it was an honest question, I have modified my "For Sale" to include offers. but looking around I can't see the SmartLink module's model Ei3000MRF for less than £25.00, the Ei3028 for less than £43.00 and the Ei3024 for less than £32.00, so add any one of those detectors to the value of the SmartLink and the Ei3024 is £57 for the Ei3028"s are £68.00 which comes too £261.00 so at £200.00 not a bad saving I thought.

Don't blame you in the slightest, it was an honest question, I have modified my "For Sale" to include offers. but looking around I can't see the SmartLink module's model Ei3000MRF for less than £25.00, the Ei3028 for less than £43.00 and the Ei3024 for less than £32.00, so add any one of those detectors to the value of the SmartLink and the Ei3024 is £57 for the Ei3028"s are £68.00 which comes too £261.00 so at £200.00 not a bad saving I thought.
Ones out of date though…..

I’m just being pedantic…. What I meant was it doesn’t have the full 10 years left on it.

But that is why the dates are printed on removable stickers, right? 😉

Reply to Should Scottish Government delay new smoke detector law in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock