Discuss Should Scottish Government delay new smoke detector law in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Should this be delayed?

• Total voters
If anyone is interested I have the following:
1. One Ei3028 without radio link dated 2031
2. Two Ei3028's with radio links dated 2032
3. One Ei3024 with radio link dated2032

just checked - not there ..............................
That’s weird. This is what I see. Maybe it’s different depending on your location.

My local store also have 24 in stock, but I’m in the south east of England

Edit: just realised you’re after the battery 603’s. None showing for delivery and only 4 in stock at local branch here.

1F02A4D4-9265-4916-9350-DBF766AC9C39.png

Update.

City electrical are now showing stock on ei603rf and ei650rf heat and smoke detectors being available from 22nd february... It was 12th Feb.
Everyone else is in the same boat regarding stock levels.
Even seen stupid prices on ebay for them... £140 for one!!!, and no guarantee of full 10 years date on them.

Update

Important FYI!!

In at CEF the other day and they said they were not sure of the 22nd feb delivery date for the Ei603rf heat detectors… could be 26th now… so I’ve got a van full of battery smokes, but no heats. No point doing half a job and go back just for the heats…

This morning, I was in at Screwfix.. asked the manager there if the “24-48 hour” delivery was right on the EI603rf…. Yes, he said. Should come tomorrow, maybe Sunday. Def Monday.

Ok… best price? Considering they sell them at £84.99…. He knocked enough off each one to a quid less than what city charged me. !

So I got 10 coming for next week.

I’ll wait until I’ve got the 10 and will keep the ones from CEF when I eventually get them.

So, if you’re still waiting for stock, try your local Screwfix, and plead, beg and grovel to get the price.

So, if you’re still waiting for stock, try your local Screwfix, and plead, beg and grovel to get the price.
I know they have a trade counter for electricians and pumbers but we never bothered with applying, presumably you have that hence the better deal? Might actually be worth it for some cases!

I know they have a trade counter for electricians and pumbers but we never bothered with applying, presumably you have that hence the better deal? Might actually be worth it for some cases!
Actually, I’m not a trade customer, but I do have the Electricfix card.
I just pay as I go… no credit facility.

I’m in quite often for simple cable, boxes, sockets etc. Regular enough to be offered a cup of coffee.

Picked up my 603’s from Screwfix this morning. Dated 2033, so I’m happy with that.

Now I’ve got an awful feeling they’re the plain 603’s and not the 603rf!🧐

Still awaiting delivery on several 603rf and 650rf from 2 different sources, both saying maybe this week, maybe 2 weeks from now.
As for decent CO units, either 4-6 weeks, or, if ordered along with smokes/heats, only 2 per customer, but none actually available.
Never mind, it'll all quieten down eventually, and meantime I'm not taking on any more installations until the supply is back to normal.

Not fed up fitting them, just fed up waiting for supplies!
Told a client yesterday to order what they needed per my assessment and let me know when they arrive and I'll fit them. Too much money outlaid so far for stock that isn't arriving.

Everyone else fed up with fitting these pigging detectors, not that you can get any battery RF units ☹️
My van is full of them…. But I’d organised dates for next week thinking I was going away. Done a couple, but a lot of customers are away as well.

Had one cancel on me as it was taking so long to get stock…. They got a mate of a mate to do it.

I bet they’re not Aico, not house coded and not in the right place.
I see many a handyman on Facebook offering to do the lot for 200 quid

Had one cancel on me as it was taking so long to get stock…. They got a mate of a mate to do it.

I bet they’re not Aico, not house coded and not in the right place.
I see many a handyman on Facebook offering to do the lot for 200 quid

Well paying work in the future, when faults begin to occur and the handymen aren't answering their phones.

Reply to Should Scottish Government delay new smoke detector law in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock