Discuss Sidelight problem in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

John45

DIY
Reaction score
Good morning, ive just bought a Suzuki carry, which has a problem, the side,rear and panel lights only come on when the right hand indicator is activated any thoughts would be helpful.

could be a bad earth and the lights are using the indicator (when on) as an earth path and so working only when indicator is on.

Hi thanks for the reply, but since I posted I have fixed the problem, I went in behind the rear lights and found a rogue set of wires taped to the original wires, maybe for a extra set of lights or a tow bar? And a single feed from the r/h indicator to all the rear lights ??? Which was the previous owners attempt at repairing a blown fuse (yes the mind boggles) anyway rogue wires and extra feed removed , fuse replaced and the jobs a good un.

Congratulations on you fix , 3 general -any vehicle-favourite modifications to look out for.
(unless anyone else has some !)
a) After market alarms /Immobilizers -EEK-
b) Badly fitted replacement Stereo
c) Tow bar wiring
Good luck with anthing else on the list.

Reply to Sidelight problem in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello I have a problem with my 2010 Kia Sorento kx2. I recently bought a second hand trailer. I was told all the lights were working so I plugged...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have a tail light for a '12 Ducati Panigale 1199 S, that I can't get working properly. The brake light / daytime running lights...
Replies
Views
Hello all- I hope this is the right place to ask this question. A few weeks ago the LED lights in the kitchen started flickering intermittently...
Replies
Views
Hi all, hoping someone might be able to help a little, we got our daughter a renault twizy, but the headlights do not work. The side lights...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Would be grateful for some advice. Would like to add an additional light (Undercabinet 8W LED Batten light) to a two-way light switch...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock