Currently reading:
Single phase board with rcbo's

Discuss Single phase board with rcbo's in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I have taken in all of your advise and this is the product I'm now producing, I know more needs to be to do to get to an excellent standard. More advise would be appreciated. Cheers
DSC_0249.jpg

Thats better mate, cabling at the top would be better in trunking, but you did say it was being boxed in!

SWA is 100% better, well done for taking the comments on board and doing something about it, others may have replied with negative comments!

As Tel said, I've seen a lot worse than your first pic, but defo needed improving!

I think each time is a learning curve to be honest. Arrange the cables properly and dont rush it. Its better to make a tidy job of it and take a bit longer than end up with a rushed messy install.

Hers one i did a while back. I hate MK boards personally, but its what my boss bought unfortunately.

2014-01-01 00.00.00-66.jpg

I think each time is a learning curve to be honest. Arrange the cables properly and dont rush it. Its better to make a tidy job of it and take a bit longer than end up with a rushed messy install.

Hers one i did a while back. I hate MK boards personally, but its what my boss bought unfortunately.

View attachment 30059

looks nice and neat :smile: typical MK board, no matter what you try and do the MCB's end up lopsided.

View attachment 30059

Very nice, and if you're only still in your second year of training that's even more commendable - you'll be a top sparks ! :)

OP how are you going to maintain the correct IP rating for the board?
The bushes you have put in the top should have been stuffing glands!
Why have you taken all the cables to the left hand side of the board ?
Have you ran out of blue tape?

I don't do much board-work.
Here's the start of a small industrial sub-board I did a year or so ago.

(And before I get shot down about the black & Grey - Rest of building was wired like this so did it for ease of future works or anyone following)

e2efa90f029e384b40802ba18c112b68.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Take your time mate and make sure each cable goes in correct place I've lost count of the amount of times mixed neutrals earths etc.
I just can't understand why ppl don't take 30 min longer and do things right first time

Reply to Single phase board with rcbo's in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock