Discuss Sockets in Loft in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Interesting thread you have dug up here Mr Sid, and i will be keeping a very close eye on it, however, i dont see any reason why a FCU or even a 5A socket for an aerial booster cannot be installed in a loft from a lighting circuit AFTER the existing load has been calculated.

The circuit would be protected via a 6A mcb, so the cable will never become overloaded and lets fact it, an aerial booster pulls a hell of a lot less than a 60W lamp!

The few bosster's ive fitted i have been using the Remote power type, sending power up the coax to power the unit from behind a TV point.

Never had any problems with this, I just didnt want to take any chances coming off a lighting circuit incase it was against the regs.

So could no one testing slag this method off???

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't even give it a second thought.

What reg is being broken?

Can anyone help?

As far as im concerned, a circuit is a circuit and with the correct schedules, i dont see it as a problem at all.

Hey there.

I must admit to having come off a lighting circuit for the t.v booster in the attic. Did so using only 5A round pin socket and plug though and obviously having checked existing demand.

Reply to Sockets in Loft in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I'd like to move the existing socket that feeds the boiler down to where I've pencilled in that can be seen on the photo. The socket to the...
Replies
Views
I'm sure this has been asked before, but I just want to confirm: Currently I have a spur leaving a socket in the bedroom, into a 13A Switched...
Replies
Views
Hi fitting a a couple loft sockets on a radial circuit. I only have 2.5mm cable and really don’t want to buy a reel 4mm2 is it ok to use on 32A...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m new to the forum. Thanks for letting me join. Asking for some diy advicd… I’m trying to add a couple more security lights to the existing...
Replies
Views
Hello All and happy new year. Over the holiay I have changed all of my old sockets to some nice new ones and added a couple with usb sockets for...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock