Currently reading:
solar vs led

Discuss solar vs led in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

Lovelightbulbs

its amazing how many people are happy to fit solar panels to 'save' money and be greener and yet they continue to use halogen spots instead of installing leds when the savings would far exceed the solar panels. your thoughts

I think you're trying to sell LEDs ;-)

It's a rather general statement to suggest that installing LEDs would give far greater savings than installing panels. Solar panels don't just save money - they earn money. Frankly, with the costs of the systems as they are, there is no better investment out there.

I Agree with the OP. LEDs are now more available and better in output and punch. Shame Philips think they own the world in LED when it comes to cost.

I've just replaced 24 downlighter lamps in my own home. Some 11wt CL's and some 50wt GU10's. Replaced all with 2.5wt LED. 55wt total. Good light, instant light and lower energy bill.

mark u are spot on, lighting can be as much as 80% of your elec bill, i recently stayed in a holiday cottage and counted 77 50w halogens their elec bill was £200 a month, i have now reduced it to under £90 !

I think most people are installing PV to reap the benefit of 43p a unit generated, the use of the energy generated is just a little extra. Though I agree if you change your 50w GU10s to LED you will see a significant reduction in your electricity bill.

Reply to solar vs led in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back