Discuss Stroma E Cert Software in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

rolyberkin

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Does anyone here use E Cert? This is the free cert software you get with Stroma membership, it is an okay bit of software but I keep having re inputting postcodes and other info into the cert, need to know if it is just crap software or I am doing something wrong?

I think the Stroma one is called Ecert. I have Easycert and its made by a company called Tysoft and is not free.

From what I hear the Stroma one is a pain to use, although I've not actually tried it due to already being on board with Easycert when I joined Stroma

After using icertifi, ecert it is unmitigated crap of the first order. I certainly did not join stroma for their software. Just as well.

I like the sound of icertifi but I don't have an air print compatible printer can you e mail the certs? I have been using Castline Formfill free for a while.

I like the sound of icertifi but I don't have an air print compatible printer can you e mail the certs? I have been using Castline Formfill free for a while.
A mate of mine uses icertifi on his work ipad, and pretty sure he emails all of his out from the ipad.

Yeh you can airprint email send it via the aether... £60 per year you get pat certs fire certs Visual Eicr certs its the biz as far as I'm concerned havent seen anything close to it so far.

Does anyone here use E Cert? This is the free cert software you get with Stroma membership, it is an okay bit of software but I keep having re inputting postcodes and other info into the cert, need to know if it is just crap software or I am doing something wrong?
Whisper! It's not supposed to be free? When I joined I think it was going to be so much per cert, but they had a load of problems with it and I am guessing they didn't have the cheek. It's OK TBH, but like you say a bit repetitive.

Was using E-cert until a few months ago when I splashed out on Tysoft Easy cert. More powerful software with a bigger range of model forms. Really happy with it and well worth money.

James

On the e mail you got from them entitled E cert login credentials there will be a list of three download links one is the desktop and the other two are for Ipad and Android, the ipad one lets you set up and save locally and then merge when you get home. It doesn't look right when you first get it on your ipad as it is entitled RSAP+, but when you open it it gives you the option of opening E Cert.

I have just downloaded the Stroma e cert for iPad but it won’t open to enter my details. Apple say it’s not a a recognised designer or something similar. Search the App Store for the RSAP+ app but it looks like it’s for SAPs form filling.

Been using tusoft easycert for years. Their mobile app has had a makeover and it’s crap. Also by default, NOTHING is backed up on your phone. It goes on the cloud when you export your cert but if you haven’t done that you’re stuffed if anything happens to your mobile device, as I have found out. I need to undertake testing for a third time same site as one of my staffs phone went pear shaped then the software locked up on me a day after I had re-tested. I had to reinstall tysoft app and lost 3 certs. Going back again. Embarrassing.

Full of bugs and corruption and badly worded Certs.

Looking for something reliable now. Can’t be doing losing money like this.

I did try icertify once. Can’t remember why I stopped. Just need something that will keep my work safe automatically.

Does STROMA one work on mobile?

1stly Happy New Year
I have Stroma and after successfully doing 1 eic cert I have since tried doing other certs and now have 3 incomplete ones sat on the screen because I started them Prior to going to site to make my life easier. However I missed a sheet off on one and didn’t know that on another job there was 2 boards and thus 2 test results pages were needed. I have no idea on how to amend or add the missing pages I had to start new certs each time on site using iPad. I have since had to move over to iCertifi as Stroma doesn’t have emergency lighting or fire alarm certs

Reply to Stroma E Cert Software in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net