Discuss Stroma is it possible to fail assessment in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Just goes to show how vast your knowlege is then.

I am suprised you don't get telephone assessments now to be honest, like all the schemes it depends on how busy they are, obviously at the moment they have engineers, next year you may get a telephone call if they do not, regarding Stroma, they are the same as all the schemes, easy cash on the hip for nothing lol.
Have to admit, I did get a phone assessment this year which was rather nice. Thats why I put failed (or rather 'non conformities') 4 out of 5, as with the telephone assessment they tell you what they need and then you send it to them, so you really cant fail that one..... but, you only get that when youve been with them for a bit.

My initial assessment with Stroma was very thorough and confidence inspiring that they were doing as good a job as possible.

First renewal was a bit "going through the motions" but I got the impression that was down to the assessor.

This year I had a telephone renewal. Seems the criteria for this are no complaints in the last year and no serious concerns raised on the last assessment. Was a 10 minute conversation and just a general check on insurance, professional development etc. I must have an on site visit next year though.

Just goes to show how vast your knowlege is then.

I am suprised you don't get telephone assessments now to be honest, like all the schemes it depends on how busy they are, obviously at the moment they have engineers, next year you may get a telephone call if they do not, regarding Stroma, they are the same as all the schemes, easy cash on the hip for nothing lol.
Sorry but I think this is totally wrong.

I know someone who failed an NICEIC AC assessment and also know of a firm from Dover who got booted out the scheme.

I was partly responsible for an Niceic domestic spark being booted recently!
The customer called me up asking me to take a look at a Re-wire just done, it was truly awful and dangerous.
I emailed the pics to the NICEIC, asking them to contact the customer.
Apparently the Niceic inspector said it was the worst he has seen!
Spark was very quickly removed from the scheme, NICEIC paid a firm to re-do the rewire along with all plastering etc all free to the customer.

I will get around to making a thread one day with all the pics.....

I know someone who failed an NICEIC AC assessment and also know of a firm from Dover who got booted out the scheme.
After I left my previous company as NICEIC A/C Q.S. (voluntary) they were down to visit every three months they got chucked out this was down to the M.D's attitude of not wanting to comply with the regs and refused to replace the full-time tester/Q.S. They were accepted straight away with NAPIT the guy that was being assessed on the last visit to be Q.S/Duty Holder failed to meet the level required.

The customer called me up asking me to take a look at a Re-wire just done, it was truly awful and dangerous.
Spark was very quickly removed from the scheme, NICEIC paid a firm to re-do the rewire along with all plastering etc all free to the customer.

What or who was the other reason for getting this DI kicked off the register?

My boss always has the day off on our annual assessment says he cannot stand the atmosphere. Last year two of the girls left the office when we got into a heated debate over something or other. We no longer have the same person showing up anymore, no idea why.

My boss always has the day off on our annual assessment says he cannot stand the atmosphere. Last year two of the girls left the office when we got into a heated debate over something or other. We no longer have the same person showing up anymore, no idea why.
Some Boss you had then?

Some Boss you had then?

I am with Stroma and they do the desktop assessment which to be honest saves alot of time for us and them. I have been with them for 2 years and before I was with NAPIT who were good but why pay more for exactly the same thing!?

Oh dear 4 disagrees must be slipping.
To be fair Pete it is probably because you've never had to be part of it if your a one-man band the buck stops with one person if you were in the same position as me you are always fighting against other people ie the bosses of what the correct way you should be doing something and what they want to pay to do it.

His initials weren't L.T. was it? if so he managed to get to be an area engineer in the area where he lived.

The good old platinum promise.. not many people make use of it as other sparks are slow to report

Reply to Stroma is it possible to fail assessment in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net