Discuss Suggestions for Adding Outdoor Outlet and Flood Light in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I would like to add a flood light camera and outdoor outlet to the front of my house where there is no existing wiring. I plan to get power from an outlet inside my garage and feed UF cable through a hole that I will drill above my garage door. The roof (eave) extends passed my garage door and that is where I want to place the flood light. Should I place the outlet junction box directly behind the flood light junction box on the eave or should I place it against the wall of the house and cover up the hole where I feed the UF cable out from? Also, do I need to insert anything into the holes that I drill (like a grommet) to protect the UF cable? I plan to secure the cable with staples and possibly using a push-in connector in the back of the junction boxes so I don't need to drill too large of a hole for the normal clamp connectors.

I have attached pictures below. Any suggestions or tips regarding this project are appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• Garage Outlet.jpeg
    236.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Flood Light Location.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Outlet Behind Flood Light.jpg
    418.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Outlet Against Exterior Wall.jpg
    411.6 KB · Views: 5
I would like to add a flood light camera and outdoor outlet to the front of my house where there is no existing wiring. I plan to get power from an outlet inside my garage and feed UF cable through a hole that I will drill above my garage door. The roof (eave) extends passed my garage door and that is where I want to place the flood light. Should I place the outlet junction box directly behind the flood light junction box on the eave or should I place it against the wall of the house and cover up the hole where I feed the UF cable out from? Also, do I need to insert anything into the holes that I drill (like a grommet) to protect the UF cable? I plan to secure the cable with staples and possibly using a push-in connector in the back of the junction boxes so I don't need to drill too large of a hole for the normal clamp connectors.

I have attached pictures below. Any suggestions or tips regarding this project are appreciated. Thanks!
What you have will work and purchase a octagonal outdoor box the same color as your light. It will have threaded holes and drill your hole and mount your box flat and come in the back of the box. For the holes you don’t need the box comes with screws to cover up the extra. I usually use a 1/2 PVC connector in the back hole to sleeve the wire.

Reply to Suggestions for Adding Outdoor Outlet and Flood Light in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net