uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Taken down wall lights, nothing else works in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OfficialAsh

OfficialAsh

-
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hey guys I was asked if I could pop a couple of wall lights off and wago em up! Well.. for some reason no other lights work since doing this.. any ideas?

Attached some photos. Different angles of three different points.

Cheers guys!

Attachments

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Aico 3000
westward10

westward10

Mod
One of those Wago connectors appears to have three cables rammed into it so you may have created a short between line and neutral if one is the switch cable and blown the fuse. Those connectors should only have one conductor per entry.

OfficialAsh

OfficialAsh

-
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ive just checked and I couldn't see three cables in one slot of the wago? Which one mate?

wheeto

wheeto

-
DIY
Ive just checked and I couldn't see three cables in one slot of the wago? Which one mate?
The serious answer is: all of them. WAGO connectors have a commoning bar, so each conductor put in is commoned to the others. You'd need three two-way WAGOs to do what you're trying to do.

Edit: and, as pointed out above, you'll need to replace the fuse once you've fixed the wiring, as what you've photographed is a dead short between Line, Neutral, and the CPC (Earth)

Last edited:
OfficialAsh

OfficialAsh

-
The fourth picture.
Just triple checked and there is two cables of each colour in every slot of the wago, expect one where there is just one cable in each slot of the wago.
Post automatically merged:

Nah in just having a silly moment! My wagos are three way? Could you link me the right ones, cheers!

wheeto

wheeto

-
DIY
Just triple checked and there is two cables of each colour in every slot of the wago, expect one where there is just one cable in each slot of the wago.
Yes but, like I said above, each WAGO connector commons together everything that's in it. You need three separate WAGOs to do what you're trying to do,.
Post automatically merged:

I can't vouch for the creator of this video, but it might help:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KhBoxgyXgI

telectrix

telectrix

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
ytou use 1 wago for L. 1 for sw/L. 1 for N and 1 for E. 1 conductor in each hole. wagos are not connectorr strips. as wheeto says, you will have blown a fuse in the CU.

westward10

westward10

Mod
:tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: I just missed what is staring me in the face, line neutral and cpc in one Wago. I need to get back to work brain getting idle.

OfficialAsh

OfficialAsh

-
Cheers lads! I need to get back to college and recharge my silly head to. Live and learn :D

telectrix

telectrix

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
i remember a well respected member once admitting to doing the same when he first came across wagos. ( no names mentioned for fear of shotgun reprisals), but you're not the first and you won't be the last.

OfficialAsh

OfficialAsh

-
i remember a well respected member once admitting to doing the same when he first came across wagos. ( no names mentioned for fear of shotgun reprisals), but you're not the first and you won't be the last.
All good, I'm here to learn!

Another thing is that I've never dabbled with such fuse boards, so is it as simple as taking the fuse out and replacing it with a new one? Mainly worried about safety.

Attachments

Reply to Taken down wall lights, nothing else works in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom