Discuss Taking 2 days to do a one day job in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Thankfully I have avoided COVID so far (and with one vaccination down, hopefully forever) but two guys I know who had it took months to get better again :( However, a couple of other folk were OK after 2-3 weeks.

I find lights are taking longer theses days, possible because a standard 3 bedroom house in the good old days only every required a max of ~8 lights.

Now one room can require that in downlights along, as everyone wants downlights :(

Current house I'm doing has owner (friend - soon to be no longer) has in excess of 50 downlights at last, and he's worried he doesn't have enough. More lights than an airport runway....

Thankfully I have avoided COVID so far (and with one vaccination down, hopefully forever) but two guys I know who had it took months to get better again :( However, a couple of other folk were OK after 2-3 weeks.
Second day after second jab, arm is aching and feeling rather lethargic, but then I don't need a vaccine to make me feel like that, a bottle of claret will do it every time.

Second day progressed to mild hand shaking and unstable on my feet, all fine now though, back to the claret or maybe a Bordeaux, just a bit different. ?
Shaking hands is OK on your side of the Channel, is it? We're still just waving at everyone.

Glad you've got your stability back.

Shaking hands is OK on your side of the Channel, is it? We're still just waving at everyone.

Glad you've got your stability back.
i waved at 2 other drivers today.

Taking 2 days to do a one day job 1619026731409 - EletriciansForums.net

stop the negative waves. woof, woof.

and.... just for the affectionados. 9 p.m. tonite on paramount... fistfull of dollars.

Second day progressed to mild hand shaking and unstable on my feet, all fine now though, back to the claret or maybe a Bordeaux, just a bit different. ?
You're advised to lay off the booze for a bit before and after the jab to give your immune system the best chance to work properly. It may not be official NHS advice, because there's no "evidence" (which there would never be without massive trials) but I decided that if expert immunologists were advising caution based on their general expertise in the immune system I'd rather play it safe.

One benefit was it made me try a number of alcohol-free beers,and I found that some of them are perfectly fine, to the point where I don't even have to add "...for an alcohol-free beer" after that.

You're advised to lay off the booze for a bit before and after the jab to give your immune system the best chance to work properly. It may not be official NHS advice, because there's no "evidence" (which there would never be without massive trials) but I decided that if expert immunologists were advising caution based on their general expertise in the immune system I'd rather play it safe.

One benefit was it made me try a number of alcohol-free beers,and I found that some of them are perfectly fine, to the point where I don't even have to add "...for an alcohol-free beer" after that.
Alcohol free beers have much improved in recent years.... gone is the stigma among mates when someone’s downing the 0% stuff.

trouble is all these alc. free beers are lager types. i don't like lager.(except someof the european ones -Polish.Czech, etc).

trouble is all these alc. free beers are lager types. i don't like lager.(except someof the european ones -Polish.Czech, etc).
There are some good IPAs and wheat beers. And Big Drop's milk stout is jolly nice.

I've yet to find an even half-decent AF bitter, and don't get me started on AF "cider"... ?

Reply to Taking 2 days to do a one day job in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock