Discuss Taking 2 days to do a one day job in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Sod's lawsays that you give up looking for that lost screwdriver, then 2 hours later you find it when you are looking for your lost sidecutters.
Pencils!!! I use the pencil, I then do something else for perhaps 30 seconds. I go to get the pencil again..... and it's gone!!! I don't understand how this impossibility happens every single bloody day!

Gets me with the mobile, sometimes. Why does it switch to silent in my pocket.
Then when I can't find it in the house....phone it from the land line....but the ringer's on silent...have I left it on a job or what? Ggrr!
Second, though. I reckon someone's got a stall on the market for used pencils!

For me... pencils and tape rules... but what annoys me most is wearing glasses for close up work but not for distance. So they're on/off/on/off/off/on... all bl00dy day... then when you think they're on the top of your head where you left them, but not.. you realise that you must have taken them off somewhere... but where ??

For me... pencils and tape rules... but what annoys me most is wearing glasses for close up work but not for distance. So they're on/off/on/off/off/on... all bl00dy day... then when you think they're on the top of your head where you left them, but not.. you realise that you must have taken them off somewhere... but where ??
same here. most close work i can do without any glasses, but for really close and tiny terminals i need them. then when i look away, it's all swimming/blurred.

I have recently mastered the art of losing my glasses...

I'm not even 50 yet, although getting close.
I'm not slowing down but I am absolutely knackered by the end of the day.
Still doing 12hrs plus 6 days a week though.
My other half keeps telling me to do less but it's the usual self employed BS... it's hard to say no.

I have recently mastered the art of losing my glasses...

I'm not even 50 yet, although getting close.
I'm not slowing down but I am absolutely knackered by the end of the day.
Still doing 12hrs plus 6 days a week though.
My other half keeps telling me to do less but it's the usual self employed BS... it's hard to say no.
yous need to slow down a bit.then them knees and back and all the other aches and pains could last longer. state pension buys essentials ... beer and smokes. if you wanna eat, youse need to keep working. then slow down a bit at 75 when you get more freebies off the state.

I have never been that fast, would rather do things well than rushed, but never been a professional spark either so not had that job-job pressure. I do find things a bit slower now but main annoyance with being mid-50s is the difficulty of up-close reading of stupidly small text on things.

For me... pencils and tape rules... but what annoys me most is wearing glasses for close up work but not for distance. So they're on/off/on/off/off/on... all bl00dy day...
At my last test I was told that I no longer needed glasses for distance vision, and 'tis true. But I've put off switching to reading glasses as I just know with utter cast-iron certainty that I'll be forever losing the expletive things.

Problem is that close up work is only OK if I can look at it through the bottom of my varifocals...

After I had covid in January getting back into work was difficult, one day I was getting annoyed with myself because the job I was doing was taking me much longer than it should, then I realised that i was just getting very fatigued and the mental and physical processes were just getting slower. I was surprised how long it took to get back to normal and tried not to bite off more than I could chew for 3-4 weeks

Reply to Taking 2 days to do a one day job in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net