Discuss Testing kit add ons for a newbie tester in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi guys my company is planning on sending me on a course to carry out testing in the near future.
So my question is what bits of equipment would be handy to add to a testing kit i am to put together other than a MFT.
Thanks in advance

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

SparkyChick

Mod
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Hi Kenny, welcome to the forums :)

My testing bag includes a decent socket tester, a decent circuit tracer/fuse finder, a proving unit, an earth leakage clamp meter, a set of Kewtech Light Mates, a few Wago lever connectors and a couple of leads I made up to help during testing (low resistance link leads, one has a bullet connector on the end that get's connected to the earth bar and the other has a spade terminal for easy connection to MCB terminals). I do mostly domestic so you may have other needs depending on what your company does.

buzzlightyear

-
Arms
Esteemed
in my bag test gear I have a Theo scope just in case the customer dies
in front of me, a couple of buttys in case I get hunger .o and a snicker bar a flask just in case the customer does not brew up .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi SparkyChick thanks
I never thought about a fuse finder
We do commercial work, car showrooms and offices mostly

Strima

-
Arms
Esteemed
Safe isolation kit with plenty of lockouts, voltage indicator and proving unit.

Andy78

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
I get by with an R2 adapter, shorting links, fistful of wagos, lockout kit, wander lead, and a "bang plug"

I also carry other bits that don't get as much use such as a EL clamp meter.
Never seen the point in the lightmate kits personally.

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools

Reply to Testing kit add ons for a newbie tester in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
Top Bottom