Discuss The tories policies are working in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Yes the African government torturer who found out he was out of favour then come over here and said if you send me back I could be killed .how many did he torture to death he shouldn't have human rights
is it better that nobody get's sent back to countries who will torture them / stone them to death etc or that everyone gets sent back to be tortured and / or killed?

I prefer to be on the side of standing against people being tortured / stoned to death / hung / shot for deigning to oppose an oppressive government, or being gay or something.

Unfortunately part of the baggage of that position is that sometimes it will also protect those who are a bit less deserving of our protection, but that's a necessary side effect of protecting those who are worthy of being protected.

He was an illegal that's why he ran
No, but even if he was, the police shouldn't have the right to get away with murder, we need to have a fair safe society where politicians, police and all persons in a position of trust/authority have to abide by rules and laws, shooting innocent people is appalling, and someone needs to be held to account.

So when is slippery lying Blair gonna stand in the dock as a war c riminal
That can never happen because he isn't a War criminal. He was told information by our security services and took this information to parliament. There was a vote and the whole of the house with an exception of a dozen MPs backed the act of britain going to war. How could he possibly be classed as a war criminal based on this? no legit court on earth could find him guilty, However I would like to see half the Tory government in court for their part in selling off royal mail without permission from parliament, vetoing the EU without parliment discussion and the bedroom tax, which affects disabled and poor people :fuk2:

is it better that nobody get's sent back to countries who will torture them / stone them to death etc or that everyone gets sent back to be tortured and So I commit a crime abroad and come here and claim my human rights what about the victims of my crimes ....... that don't matter

Dongle I think it is time you went to bed lol, I expect your wife is telling you the same thing as your probably swaying about due to alcoholism hehe

is it better that nobody get's sent back to countries who will torture them / stone them to death etc or that everyone gets sent back to be tortured and So I commit a crime abroad and come here and claim my human rights what about the victims of my crimes ....... that don't matter
oh it matters, but not so much that people should be denied a fair trial to establish if they were actually guilty, or just being framed by a regime they were opposed to, and protected from torture or the death sentence.

You don't protect people from oppressive regimes abroad by revoking human rights here, you protect them by offering sanctuary to those who need it, and protecting the hard won gains that exist in those countries that do have respect for human rights, and where possible prosecuting those who've committed the worst abuses in the Hague.

He was working legitimately as an electrician in London, the police ran after him when he got on a train, he was shot at point blank range in the face 5 times, they thought he had a bomb. When they opened the rucksack he had cheese sandwiches in it, thats a true story.

I remember this too. The Police are often put in a difficult position, dammed if they do and dammedif they don't.

When Charles De Menezes was shot, this was almost immediately after the London 7/7 bombing and the Police were looking for the "5th" bomber

Seven mistakes that cost De Menezes his life - Crime - UK - The Independent

But there is human rights and people taking the peeeee
People are not taking the pee. The courts are enforcing a law which was passed by the government of this country to protect it's citizens against it's own excesses. The idiotic government then complain about it and spread BS stories that a court couldn't deport someone because they had a cat and the tabloid press lap it up.
Yes, some of the judgments may appear stupid but if the government doesn't like some of the provisions of a law they passed then they should amend it to suit.

ECHR is a great thing. Something we should all be proud of. The "elite" of this country hate it as it protects US from THEM. Won't matter if you come out of the EU tomorrow if you want to trade with them (I assume we do) we will always have to abide with the ECHR.
I say shame on the elite and the media for guiding the sheep in the country to be so against something which is there to protect them. It really is a coup for them to have got ordinary people thinking this way - I liking it to convincing turkeys to vote for more Xmas's each year.

Don't believe everything you read in the Guardian.
The people who sit behind the desks in the Jobcentre don't suddenly become caring and compassionate when Labour are in power.

The people who sit behind the desks in the Jobcentre don't suddenly become caring and compassionate when Labour are in power.
At last, something we both agree on, I would add all newspapers but I feel thats too much for you to believe, good post though Adam, and almost 100% correct.

They don't, but then again they'll probably not have targets for how many people they have to sanction.

At last, something we both agree on, I would add all newspapers but I feel thats too much for you to believe, good post though Adam, and almost 100% correct.
I would believe it. It goes right down to the level of the 'friendly' local newspaper who can make an article out of a post on facebook or twitter, a link someone has posted in a comment, or something one of their 'journalists' has seen in the street or on a night out.
Personally I read the Daily Mail, although contrary to popular belief there isn't such a thing as a 'typical Daily Mail reader' who 'laps up' journalists' opinion as the truth; as with any newspaper you have to look at the information given and make up your own mind. You only have to read the comments at the bottom of the articles to see that - they're a mixture of opinion and criticizing the standard of journalism, especially in the articles where they've just bought a load of pictures from freelance paparazzi and commented on what you can see in them.

They don't, but then again they'll probably not have targets for how many people they have to sanction.
They don't when the tories are in power either. You can't sanction someone who hasn't done anything wrong, just to meet targets.
When things get out of hand they need reining in, which always seems to result in action being taken against soft targets, which is wrong. IMO the solution is not to let things get out of hand in the first place, but Labour seem to see it as a vote winner.

There's any amount of evidence of people being sanctioned for minor infractions mate. One guy attended an Atos assessment (he'd been off sick for a while) Part way through the examination he started to have chest pains and was told by the nurse conducting it that he was having a heart attack. Nurse stopped the examination and called for an ambulance.
A couple of weeks later he gets a letter advising him that his benefit was being suspended because he failed to comply with a required examination.
DWP staff have spoken off the record to papers that they have targets to meet.

Reply to The tories policies are working in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net