Discuss The tories policies are working in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

If you want good public services then you bloody well dig deep into your tax paying publics pocket
Tell them (Voters/public) how it is. When you have seen family wait 18 months to see a consultant heart surgeon (early 1990's), Then you will be prepared to pay for the service to be bettered through taxation.

You've had the power to increase base rate Income Tax by 3p in the pound for the last two years (I think).
Now I wonder why you haven't!!!
You can bet your house it'll be straight up come independence!
Seeing as we're all crawling our way out of the worst recession since the 1930s, with people barely scraping by, I can see an awful lot of people losing their houses.
I hope you can look your neighbour in the eye when the Sherrif comes to reposess their house, and tell them, 'It's all in the good cause of the Scottish Utopia'.

And if independence screws my life up, I'll quite happily declare myself as a Jock hater!

On the positive side though, once your new currency goes through the floor, that's lots of cheap holidays for us from Englandshire! :smilielol5:

The waiting list during John Majors term was 2 years, it was around 3 months 5 years ago, no idea what it is now, infact if you go into a doctors waiting room now most have petitions on the wall about waiting times due to tory cuts, vote labour and get free treatment, vote tory and find 25 quid to see your GP with huge waiting times and privatisation.
Like I said even New Labour made great strides and improvements during their tenure. Only someone with blue vision can dent that. The best they come up with "but it has left us in sooo much debt". I would rather be a trillion in debt with perfect public services than balancing the books and have people dying in the corridor. My concern and distaste was the way New Labour left themselves wide open with the famous stelf tax's ect. There was a missed opportunity imho where a labour government could have swept to power and said right this stuff has been decimated for the last 17+ years we must spend to repair it. To do this we are going to have to raise tax by 3-5% for everyone across the board.
They could have also tightened the strings on the city and bankers as they were riding a wave of euphoria...they could have got away with almost anything that 1st term. People were sick of the cuts to public services and would have paid to restore them without all this PFI and selling gold and pensions raiding ect. They had to do all that rubbish due to promising (foolishly) not to raise income tax when they got in........Why not just Lib Dem it and say well we didn't know the state of the books ?

Just to add for anyone who doesn't know my thoughts, I vote labour and believe in staying in the EU, just saying :grin:
As was I until SNP overtook Labour up here with the promise to ease poverty...and they have with stuff like free education and free healthcare and no bedroom tax...it actually sounds mad that I am almost boasting about this stuff as it was and should have always been a labour staple...thier bread and butter. But they lost the ball and missed the goal ffs.

You've had the power to increase base rate Income Tax by 3p in the pound for the last two years (I think).
Now I wonder why you haven't!!!
You can bet your house it'll be straight up come independence!
Seeing as we're all crawling our way out of the worst recession since the 1930s, with people barely scraping by, I can see an awful lot of people losing their houses.
I hope you can look your neighbour in the eye when the Sherrif comes to reposess their house, and tell them, 'It's all in the good cause of the Scottish Utopia'.

And if independence screws my life up, I'll quite happily declare myself as a Jock hater!

On the positive side though, once your new currency goes through the floor, that's lots of cheap holidays for us from Englandshire! :smilielol5:
Every penny raised by such a measure is/would have been deducted from the block grant. It would have been mental for no gain.

You guys do know that labour would still have had a majority without scotlands mp's during 2 out of the 3 terms they just served ? I also think england especially the north will end up demanding some kind of voting reform to halt the pain of tories in power.
Just to be clear if I lived in England I would vote Labour and try to effect change within the party myself as much as was within my power.....but i see a longish struggle ahead to remove the right center thinkers from their power base within the labour party.

As was I until SNP overtook Labour up here with the promise to ease poverty...and they have with stuff like free education and free healthcare and no bedroom tax...it actually sounds mad that I am almost boasting about this stuff as it was and should have always been a labour staple...thier bread and butter. But they lost the ball and missed the goal ffs.
No they never missed the goal at all, this Tory government is responsible for the bedroom tax, free education was free until Nick clegg joined the coalition, free healthcare is still just that, well just, except we English pay for you Jocks to have free prescriptions, just imagine what else you can have free if you say no and the devolution increses lol, you cannot lose, we will lose though in one respect, but I will be happier with you as a fellow Brit.

You guys do know that labour would still have had a majority without scotlands mp's during 2 out of the 3 terms they just served ? I also think england especially the north will end up demanding some kind of voting reform to halt the pain of tories in power.
Just to be clear if I lived in England I would vote Labour and try to effect change within the party myself as much as was within my power.....but i see a longish struggle ahead to remove the right center thinkers from their power base within the labour party.
I believe the Tory party is so powerful with the media they can say what they want and the media will endorse it, they have turned some of the country right wing now, we are experiencing racism again which I personally despise, I would give my life to end it, and thats the truth, thats why I could never vote tory, the back bench right wing stands for everything I am against, I am a lone voice most of the time here, thats the power of the tory press.

I believe the Tory party is so powerful with the media they can say what they want and the media will endorse it, they have turned some of the country right wing now, we are experiencing racism again which I personally despise, I would give my life to end it, and thats the truth, thats why I could never vote tory, the back bench right wing stands for everything I am against, I am a lone voice most of the time here, thats the power of the tory press.

I quite agree, but this has been happening since before 2010

I want to post more but the forum won't let me!

Wow I don't hate English people at all never ever. My misses is English, Half my family are English...I have welsh mum and Scottish father...I was born in Scotland and spent most of my holidays down in kent. I have as many english friends as I have scottish. Hate the english ? Nah mate. You have either met an extraordinary amount of a-holes OR you are coming across as defensive and are not digging the micky taking/banter that is so much part of british/scottish culture. I would also point out that a lot of my scottish friends like to "tease" english guys in pubs ect and on sites....just to get a rise out of them ....ask them 1 on 1 do they hate english and you would get the true feelings. I have witnessed many scottish guys backing our english friends weather that be physically in pubs/clubs and at the work place when it comes to sticking together ect.
Whate we don't like at the moment is the right wing policies of the Westminster government. Even labour ffs....far too right for what we want...is it so bad to want to try something different ? It may end up with us jocks all paying 90% super tax and getting shafted locally instead of nationally......at least we may have a chance to give it a shot. "Life without hope"...........

Saved me posting regarding 'all Scots hate English'! @ MDJ, come on you're better/more intelligent than making sweeping statements like that. I know, by the way, that only you can comment on the people you have met and as such, you are 100% right in what you say by default, but it's not 'real'.!

Saved me posting regarding 'all Scots hate English'! @ MDJ, come on you're better/more intelligent than making sweeping statements like that. I know, by the way, that only you can comment on the people you have met and as such, you are 100% right in what you say by default, but it's not 'real'.!
I was only pulling his chain, see my reply to him after eye.

The only thing that I can think of regarding Scotland, independence and economy is that Guernsey, although still part of the U.K. has it's own Government, very little industry yet manages to offer low tax rates. I will check to see if we sub them.

But if Scotland gets into trouble then they will come here looking for work and they won't need Visa's etc so they do have a small safety net

Well it's hotting up here .the sun even shone today.
the three horseman of the apocalypse road in today (to invited audiences of course)
to tell us we are the best thing ever and why not stay a bit longer?
too little too late boys.
farage is meant to be coming up to coincide with a load of Orangemen proclaiming that they are British.
never mind their imported irish sectarian pish is a stain on the underpants of Scotland eh lads?
Gordon brown sets up his gameplan to save us..... A backbench mp with the political clout of my neighbours dog, yeah right Gordon.
i had the yes man round canvassing on Monday.,now I normally give them short shrift but I gave him 10minutes.
turns out his background was a Labour Party activist who gave it up in disgust years back when they became Tory lite labour.
the yes campaign re ignited his political passion. No supporter of the snp was he.
i asked him did he truly think Scotland would be independent
he said no, as like me a devo max deal would be most likely.
why is the devomax option not on the card?
cos everyone would have voted for it was the reply.
murdoch seems affronted about salmonds apartheid sound tie.
I'll tell you what I find yanks my chain( and a lot of other people)
the print media, BBC ,
so called financial experts all giving us the negatives and the veiled threats and scaremongering.
our weekly shop will go up bŷ 30% don't you know.
tesco replied no it won't and demanded an apology.
people in Scotland have long memories especially about people who try to do them over.
standard life can do one( they won't of course it's a chest puffing exercise )
after next week regardless of the result ,we will still be carrying on as normal that much is true

Who said they won't need a visa? At the minute they'll be outside the EU
I will bet you £1 that come post sept 18th you will be able to buy goods and services in scotland using a £1 coin ? :stooge_curly: And another £1 that sats that after the 2 year "sort out" that an Independent Scotland Will be in the EU using the £

Last edited:
The only thing that I can think of regarding Scotland, independence and economy is that Guernsey, although still part of the U.K. has it's own Government, very little industry yet manages to offer low tax rates. I will check to see if we sub them.

Ok, so I see things have changed somewhat in Guernsey and it is actually part of the British Isles, not the U.K.. I also see that there are some similarities relating to Govt.

I will bet you £1 that come post sept 18th you will be able to buy goods and services in scotland using a £1 coin ? :stooge_curly: And another £1 that sats that after the 2 year "sort out" that an Independent Scotland Will be in the EU using the £
I bet you tourism drops through the roof, there will be a backlash from the other nations and your 1 pound coin will be worth 20 pence lol

Reply to The tories policies are working in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net