Discuss Tonight’s announcement 23rd march in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Hardware stores to stay open, does that include the wholesalers do you think?
Building sites to stay open says "the sun" for what thats worth

It means....is it necessary that you go to work....yes.....can I work from home.....no....... pretty clear to me
Not what it means at all. It is only necessary that you go to work if you are listed as a key or critical worker. So if you can’t work from home then you don’t work simple as that. An exception would be for a call out were someone has a power outage or suchlike but not to do routine works. The more people that go out unnecessarily the longer this will go on.

Tonight’s announcement 23rd march 91FCA0C4-57BC-449D-BED0-5EDC0C091423 - EletriciansForums.net
Key worker .....

Remember, trade counters are not considered shops.
They are there for business to business trade, not the same as shopping for a new blouse.

Sparks and gas/plumbers would come under key workers by virtue of what they do (an extension of utilities, simply put) without them no lighting, heating and water

It is easy; your skillset is essential, the types of job you attend aren't always essential (see example above) so it is down to you to be making those judgement calls on the jobs you attend

Not what it means at all. It is only necessary that you go to work if you are listed as a key or critical worker. So if you can’t work from home then you don’t work simple as that. An exception would be for a call out were someone has a power outage or suchlike but not to do routine works. The more people that go out unnecessarily the longer this will go on.
Not really as simple as that is it @Sintra.....kids need feeding bills need paying.....and there’s no simple advice for self employed people...universal credit is not a solution people have already starved to death waiting for that...

To me it doesnt seem clear either, much like most of us I havnt ( yet ) gained the ability to install a customers new socket from home. Or indeed fix a fault with, for instance a customer with a no power who may have new born baby. So I can still go to work, but is going round to see a customer for a non essential job ok? I'm confused, but i know I need to earn money and also dont want to be part of the bigger problem...

Top left corner HM government
No, I mean I know it says HM Government in the screen shot, I mean who tweeted it, which account?

(I'm not arguing either way on the interpretation of the advice, I'm just interested in the sources. The PDF I linked to is from .gov.uk )

No, I mean I know it says HM Government in the screen shot, I mean who tweeted it, which account?

(I'm not arguing either way on the interpretation of the advice, I'm just interested in the sources. The PDF I linked to is from .gov.uk )
Just my mate , However I do understand that you can’t take everything on social media as gospel
[automerge]1585000963[/automerge]
not the same here though
where did you find that pic?
Sent from a mate, sorry that’s all it is

Not really as simple as that is it @Sintra.....kids need feeding bills need paying.....and there’s no simple advice for self employed people...universal credit is not a solution people have already starved to death waiting for that...
The kids will get fed and the roofs will stay over our heads. HMG will be making it much easier for folk to get uc payments and or housing benefits. The key to a quick resolution to this crisis is to abide by the rules and then hopefully sooner rather than later it will be behind us.

So HM twitter account showing a vid saying key worker, but other HM web sites saying go to work if you absolutely can't do it from home, so they don't know themselves.

Reply to Tonight’s announcement 23rd march in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock