Discuss torque drivers in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J.C.E

-
Arms
Reaction score
Afternoon

Had my annual niceic assessment today (only DI mind)

Showed him a rewire I done few months back- literally had nothing to 'pick at'

only thing he said is when I was un-screwing the mcb to get end to end reading- I just used a normal screw drive- and I should be using a torque one

any of you guys recommend a decent one to get- don't mind spending a bit for something decent...

cheers

SBS Dave has them for £35 and a fiver a blade....TBH I wouldn't go all out on one as the only time its really going to come out is at assessment time.......Unless your limp wristed:D

Edit: The blades also have extended tips for getting in to RCBO's etc.

Last edited:
never stripped one in 50 years of sparking. split a few MCBs though.

was know body your assessor or just ksome body?

Had my afternoon with Stroma late last year and nothing was said during the check session. I do have some now (Xmas prezzie) and I'll be wanting to show them off this year.

your write their pete, I joined niceic in 2005-2013 with elecsa up to present .
with niceic they start nit picking . might join stoma next year

Totally off topic but reminds me of people getting words mixed up, a few years ago did the electrics for a fairly wealthy couple when they revamped their lounge- they even had an interior designer on board. Part of this was a huge flat screen telly and fancy sound system , so I ran in some thick speaker cables to the planned positions at 1st fix stage. I never corrected the old boy but several times he referred to the two 'large woofters' that would be in the corners either side of the telly. :D

your write their pete, I joined niceic in 2005-2013 with elecsa up to present .
with niceic they start nit picking . might join stoma next year
took a bloody long time to join, 8 years. did your cheques bounce?

Reply to torque drivers in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock