Discuss TradesCollege.org electrical training in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Problem with any GB training provider is the cost of travelling back and forth from NI, along with accommodation. If I can secure a local college course, it would be significantly less expensive and would allow me to continue earning at the same time as gaining experience. It would be nice to complete my portfolio at the same time as C&G 2365 (more likely EAL equivalent at local college), rather than completing a course and then start working towards it.

I'm determined to get started by September, one way or another, and the next few months will determine what route that has to take. This forum has been great for putting regulations into context, but I'm ready for mathematical challenges and whatever else training throws up. The practical side of the industry is probably least concerning, but there are quite a few areas that will be new to me and I'm champing at the bit right now.

I see the guy never came back and answered the question then. Speaks volumes to me, and hardly makes the place look like a credible option.

I think at some point he or someone else from the company has to respond as it only takes a Google search for prospective customers to find this thread and draw their own conclusions

Last edited by a moderator:
I just wanted to say that I got the exact same experience today as everyone above has described (spoke to a guy called Jag/Jack today) who asked me a lot about my personal situation, education etc but didn't disclose anything around the course apart from being NVQ level 3 trained which would take between 9-12 months to complete domestic and commercial parts for. He wanted to do a follow up call on Friday with me and my wife, but it got the alarm bells ringing as he didn't talk about money and seemed too good to be true. I did some digging (which led me to this thread) and found that the company is registered under GET ON THE TOOLS LIMITED, which was incorporated in December 2020. The director has another company under his name, which was incorporated in Jan 2021. I don't think I'll be progressing with this company as there is a lot of unanswered questions here and nothing concrete to rely on (their Facebook page 'community' section has one post, and no other reviews).

So my question is, where does a guy who wants to train, but can't give up work, go?

Omg my partner had interview with a r dhania and he wanted to speak to me, he spoken to me and wanted to know if my partner really serious about the course and if he elegiblenfor some payment system. He made me watch a trade college 10min video whilst on the call and today he going to call again to do a course guide conference and he wants me to be apart of it also. This is very strange, ive never had anyone do interviews this way and i dont under why i need to apart of so much interviewing.

Hi there,

I had a webcam interview with someone that represents this college and I must say it was all very unorthodox. We spent 50 mins just talking about me and my personal situation and absolutely no information regarding the college or their courses was divulged.

We now have another 'interview' scheduled for next week in which he wants my partner to also be in on the call. I find this all very strange. They're supposedly offering training courses, so why do they need to speak to my partner??

Can anyone shed any light on this organisation? Are they even legit? My cynical mind is screaming out 'SCAM'

I would love to hear from others and their experience.

Thanks

I think it was established quite early on that this organisation has no credibility, they where asked a few pertinent questions re, company address and training centres to which there was never any reply, I would feel you would be throwing money away with them, let alone wasting your time, look for posts from someone calling themselves "Marcus" who contradicts himself and is very evasive, came onto the website saying he was a trainer in his profile and then denied it when challenged.

Didn't realise this thread had picked up so much traction since my post about TradesCollege.

I decided to ignore them and walk away in the end. They also wanted a video call with my partner involved. Other details weren't very credible as discussed already.

I've had no contact with them for 6 months but in the past week they have started calling me from various similar mobile numbers upto or more than 5 times a day, every day.

Answered 1 call and they went straight into pushy personal questions about my work/personal life. Details of my job, if I rent, live with patents etc..

Evening All. I have just had a meeting with "derek" from trades college. I thought it sounded really good, promising me that completing the nvq level 2 would mean I was a domestic approved electrical engineer (providing I was able to put the hours in approx 15 hours a week) after 1 year, I could sign off my own work ? They said as they are an engineering / construction company I could use their facilities over the UK to perform the nvq level 3 practical experience for my portfolio and that the nvq assessors often attend their sites.
Obviously sounding really good at this point (and the saying if its too sound to good to be true ....) suited my requirements and committments to the ground. However nothing has been discussed regarding money at this point.... I have the scheduled online meeting on saturday with my wife.... after googling what they can offer that others cant. (after I said I couldn't attend college full time and my only option was online learning at this point). I have checked this website straight away and looking at their website and companies details.... very very fishy if you ask me. The training company only registered in December 2020 and the directors construction company only registered in Jan 2021.... yet they have customer / student video reviews on their website which are a year old...... how is this possible when the company didn't even exist then (according to companies house). I am going to be very interested in what he has to say on Saturday morning when I real off my questions and findings on a video call and see what his response is going to be. Looks like its back to the drawing board for the training provider.

Evening All. I have just had a meeting with "derek" from trades college. I thought it sounded really good, promising me that completing the nvq level 2 would mean I was a domestic approved electrical engineer (providing I was able to put the hours in approx 15 hours a week) after 1 year, I could sign off my own work ? They said as they are an engineering / construction company I could use their facilities over the UK to perform the nvq level 3 practical experience for my portfolio and that the nvq assessors often attend their sites.
Obviously sounding really good at this point (and the saying if its too sound to good to be true ....) suited my requirements and committments to the ground. However nothing has been discussed regarding money at this point.... I have the scheduled online meeting on saturday with my wife.... after googling what they can offer that others cant. (after I said I couldn't attend college full time and my only option was online learning at this point). I have checked this website straight away and looking at their website and companies details.... very very fishy if you ask me. The training company only registered in December 2020 and the directors construction company only registered in Jan 2021.... yet they have customer / student video reviews on their website which are a year old...... how is this possible when the company didn't even exist then (according to companies house). I am going to be very interested in what he has to say on Saturday morning when I real off my questions and findings on a video call and see what his response is going to be. Looks like its back to the drawing board for the training provider.
Can you record that video call. Would be very interesting.

I decided to back away from them in the end.
*they don’t list where the training centres are... that’s really weir because other professional training centre do.
*didn’t send any documents out or email anything that was discussed over the video call and would only Concentrate on getting me to sign the agreement. (Should be given documents to show how it all works and what to expect & the training school locations)
*the website is shockingly low on basic information. If yo want to know anything it’s ”talk to the sales team”... err you could post basic FAQ on the actual website like every other normal business does.

I’m trained already in electrical but need update regs etc. I was trying to get into renewable sector but they kept talking about plumbing as the renewable sector.... ok so we all know renewable energy is not solely in plumbing and they are starting to sounding very ill informed.

what made me laugh was they said they are trade recognised but everyone I talked to in training trades said they have not heard of them.
also this company will only offer a NVQ... that will NOT get you qualified enough to earn a proper wage. (I have NVQ & C&G in electrical installation... you need C&G to get a full time job

I decided to back away from them in the end.
*they don’t list where the training centres are... that’s really weir because other professional training centre do.
*didn’t send any documents out or email anything that was discussed over the video call and would only Concentrate on getting me to sign the agreement. (Should be given documents to show how it all works and what to expect & the training school locations)
*the website is shockingly low on basic information. If yo want to know anything it’s ”talk to the sales team”... err you could post basic FAQ on the actual website like every other normal business does.

I’m trained already in electrical but need update regs etc. I was trying to get into renewable sector but they kept talking about plumbing as the renewable sector.... ok so we all know renewable energy is not solely in plumbing and they are starting to sounding very ill informed.

what made me laugh was they said they are trade recognised but everyone I talked to in training trades said they have not heard of them.
also this company will only offer a NVQ... that will NOT get you qualified enough to earn a proper wage. (I have NVQ & C&G in electrical installation... you need C&G to get a full time job

Hi, how did you back out of it all in the end? I have recently signed up however i am now having serious doubts- i was reassured there was a "14 day cooling off period", I am unable to find information about how i can withdraw my application as the college has not provided any contact details. apparently going through the "training advisor" is invalid, however they have not provided any other details? im 99.9% certain this is a complete sham and not how genuine legit colleges work. Any advice on how you got out is very much appreciated. Thankyou

These sites/schemes have a legal obligation to give you all the details of an exit strategy, email them or record any phone calls you have when you request the information if it isn't contractually made clear, if they fail to inform you you may have a position to bring the ombudsman in.

I signed up to the course and the credit agreement and luckily I decided against it after researching a bit further into it. I rang the credit company and backed out of the agreement as the terms allowed me to back out before 14 days prior. I’m glad I did this and I would recommend no one to start this course, go a better route.

Hi, how did you back out of it all in the end? I have recently signed up however i am now having serious doubts- i was reassured there was a "14 day cooling off period", I am unable to find information about how i can withdraw my application as the college has not provided any contact details. apparently going through the "training advisor" is invalid, however they have not provided any other details? im 99.9% certain this is a complete sham and not how genuine legit colleges work. Any advice on how you got out is very much appreciated. Thankyou
Please let me know if you find out any information on how to back out. I’m in the same situation as you.

I signed up to the course and the credit agreement and luckily I decided against it after researching a bit further into it. I rang the credit company and backed out of the agreement as the terms allowed me to back out before 14 days prior. I’m glad I did this and I would recommend no one to start this course, go a better route.
What credit company do you have to call? I’m in the same situation as you can Cabot afford to loose money!

Reply to TradesCollege.org electrical training in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock