Discuss Underfloor heating pump in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi guys just in the process of wiring up a 3 zone Drayton jb with 3 zone wireless heating controls.
My question is as it stands at the moment which ever zone is on ie rads, hot water and underfloor heating the pump on the underfloor heating will start running, now I’ve not done a lot with domestic systems as I’m a industrial sparks this is for my own house I’m renovating.
So what are you guys doing letting it run or is there some kind of relay mod I can do so the pump only pumps with the underfloor heating zone?
Any advice would be great thanks Underfloor heating pump DE142786-A6DB-4E6E-8A4F-F1D59AA37638 - EletriciansForums.net

Without knowing how your system is set up it is difficult to advise on the best solution to solve the problem
Does each zone have it's own zone valve and is each zone separately pumped or is it a single pump for the other zones controlled by the boiler or zone valves

Can you post up a diagram of how it is currently wired it may help to identify a simple solution

Without knowing how your system is set up it is difficult to advise on the best solution to solve the problem
Does each zone have it's own zone valve and is each zone separately pumped or is it a single pump for the other zones controlled by the boiler or zone valves

Can you post up a diagram of how it is currently wired it may help to identify a simple solution
Underfloor heating pump 39FC6CDD-F650-445B-BA63-2FA8E7E98C33 - EletriciansForums.net
hi bottom set up thanks

And the rest of the answer is........
Does the main pump have to run with the UFH pump for heat to the UFH?, are you using a low loss header?, a layout sketch of how the system is plumbed (boiler, pumps, valves etc )would help as you are looking at something beyond a standard wiring diagram.
I'm assuming the boiler has / needs a pump overrun to dispate heat when the system shuts down

Funny enough I've had to look at a job today, the customer wants me to remove all his Heatmiser RF stats and install Nest everywhere. I'm going to have to remove the relay box as their is no trigger input for each zone.( RF trigger only).

There's only 2 zones on the UFH and the customer is happy to combine them,
I'm not happy triggering the UFH pump from the brown of the valve so I'll pop in a 8 pin octagonal relay.

Sorry about the dodgy diagram.

Attachments

• Underfloor heating pump 20211004_202848 - EletriciansForums.net
    20211004_202848.jpg
    271 KB · Views: 5

Reply to Underfloor heating pump in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock