Discuss Unknown Clipsal Dimmer Switches in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

gransome

DIY
Reaction score
I have moved into a new house and switches are Clipsal dimmer switches, which I cannot find online, so assume they are end of life. See attached.

They appear to be programmable, but how and for what, I do not know. So have the following questions:

a) What model are they?
b) Is there a manual and/or datasheet?
c) Are they dimmable LED compatible?

The reason I require this is that some of the dimmable LED lighting remain on or begin to flash even when the dimmers are in the "off" state. Otherwise the LED lights work fine and can be dimmed. The plate in front suggests they are programmable. I do not want to replace them all if I do not need to.

Thank you.

20190905_135533.jpg

IMG-20190817-WA0003.jpeg

the problem with the LEDs staying on or flashing, is probably not due to the switches. it's a phenomenon known as induced voltage, caused when cables are in close proximity. a voltage can be induced into a switched L from an adjacent permanent L. there are several possible remedies for this.

Thanks all. This was very helpful, and now knowing the product, have found a faq related to it on manufacturers website. Unfortunately the forum isn't allowing me to post a link, but it is faq FA238907 on schneider electric website.

Reply to Unknown Clipsal Dimmer Switches in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have a led panel that i want to dim. It is dimmable but without a dimmable driver. I have a dimmer module and a dimmer switch as shown in the...
Replies
Views
I have purchased spotlights as below, but they are flickering when I dimmed them down to around 15-20%. We have installed 8 x ALUSSO LED Recessed...
Replies
Views
I really need help with this puzzler. First - I am moderately 'skilled' in day-to-day basic wiring. My puzzle: I am trying to replace a...
Replies
Views
The G4 110V 3W dimmable bulbs I purchased work with a dimmer. I can brighten them and dim them, but when I turn the dimmer off, the LED bulbs...
Replies
Views
Hi Total novi e but have wired multiple light switches previously and survived :) I've bought a nice WiFi enabled dinner switch for a new LED...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock