Discuss Using an estate car for work in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

While a tradie getting out of a car vs a van can give a perceived negative effect on thier ability
Why what is the negative
(I'm guilty of this when the house EICR was due and the guy came in a car and my instant reaction was defensive, I was right but still),
If you are in a rental what do you expect from a landlord EICR
if they turn up in a well presented uniform, take the time to educate the client and tidy up after themselves, that will leave a more lasting impression than a sign written vehicle.
I don't go in for the fashion parade with all the generally meaningless badges that give the perception they know what they are doing while all the while the rip off badge is hidden
When I turn up to a job I'm there as an electrician not a teacher I will explain what is wrong and what is needed to correct it if you need to educate the customer then do you have to make them aware what their education is costing in terms of time spent
While it can be an instant red flag; those that are good will often take the time to put thr customer at ease and address the lack of van
What does it really matter whether you turn up in a van, a car, a taxi, a bus or on a push bike I find the quickest way to put the customer at ease is find the fault or do the job you have been asked to do and not to explain my mode of transport

Remember as a client you are paying extra for the van lease etc ! Also most will keep all their tools in it etc, even if not needed .One quick visit from the Irish Nomads and the lots gone .

Remember as a client you are paying extra for the van lease etc ! Also most will keep all their tools in it etc, even if not needed .One quick visit from the Irish Nomads and the lots gone .
Doesn't have to be new. I've got a 15 plate tranny, looks the part and only cost me 6 grand.

Vans IMO are a magnet for theft either the whole vehicle or it's contents and how do you replace some of those tools that you have had for 40 or more years
Never owned a van in my life.
Spent a night in a Premier Inn type hotel near London City Airport a few years ago. When I left in the morning, every single van in the car park had been broken into, and all the cars, including mine, untouched (apart from a scratch from flying van glass).

Reply to Using an estate car for work in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net