• Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net. We hope you find the information you are looking for. But if you don't manage to, please feel free to Register and ask a question yourself. You can delete your account at any time should you quickly find the answers to what you need.

Discuss Wago advice needed about type and maintenance free connections in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi guys,

Currently have some 221 wago connectors and looking at the 222 connectors around the same price. Am I right in saying that the 222 connectors would be classed as maintenance free in a wago box but not the 221's?

Thanks

Wilko

-
Arms Access
Hi and welcome to the Forum.
It depends on which box is used. The MF certification has a long and rigorous test and not all Wago connectors are MF certified in all their boxes, if that makes any sense. Their website gives a breakdown of which combinations are MF approved on the 3 pages that rotate through the display.
http://www.wago.ltd.uk/enclosures/wagobox/

SparkyChick

Staff member
TA
Arms Access
Esteemed Member
As far as I'm aware...

222's are maintenance free (along with the 773 push fits) when used in a standard Wagobox or a Wagobox XLA.

221's are maintenance free (along with the 2273 push fits) when used in a Wagobox XL.

If you use the plastic sleeves to say mount the compact connectors in a Wagobox or a Wagobox XLA, they cannot be used in maintenance free configuration.

SparkyChick

Staff member
TA
Arms Access
Esteemed Member
I should add... Wagobox Light are NOT maintenance free and should not be used as such.

Full details of using the boxes in maintenance free situations can be found on the Connexbox website (the makers of Wagobox).

Trending Threads

Top Bottom