Discuss want to start on my own in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

theskid

hi
im an electrician timed served ,36 years of age been in it for 20 years
am1,am2, c course and also i have the HNC
i have 16th edition 2380
not 2381
or 2391

i want to start on my own as i might be getting layed off.
what it is i have a friend high up in the council which only entertain niceic contractors
what do i need to be niceic?
i know i need 2391,test gear,public liability and maybe even 17th edition nowadays
but do i need to start off in the domestic front and work my way up or can i go straight into the niceic without domestic end?
Also can i carry out work and certify it if it was commercial, industrial myself with what certs were can i get these 17th edition certs
in order to jon the niceic you need work under your belt and to be legit so how do i go about this?
thanks
a spark with a family of 5 about to be layed off:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe better to contact NICEIC direct to see what they would require you to have if that is the scheme that you would prefer to join.

They will most definately expect you to gain the addition qualifications that you are missing i.e. 17th Edition and 2391 if you are looking to test and also to work as a full scope member in domestic, industrial & commercial.

Your pal at the council should be able to advise you of the best route to notify work outside of membership to the NICEIC or when you are ready to join the NICEIC you maybe able to use a couple of the jobs you have completed for your assessment from them and certify the jobs once accepted as a member?

Can't really comment too much on the NICEIC as I am not a member of their scheme but I hope this helps!

Good luck!

Warren

Reply to want to start on my own in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock