Discuss websites in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Moldable media (I think I got the name right?) do a special offer for members. IIRC it's £250 for design, setup and first year and £60 PA thereafter.

Admin sent an email around mentioning this company so I'm happy to provide you with the link

My funds are being concentrated elsewhere at the moment so if you beat me there I'd love to hear some feedback:thumbsup

Hi
I would recommend avoiding moldablemedia.com as they have taken my money & done a runner!
The site is no longer active!!!
Great plug from this forum to recommend someone so trustworthy!!!

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, I just tried to gain access to their site to make contact with them but it says the address is locked? It was only when I couldn't gain access that I decided to check back on this thread to see if anyone else had experienced any issues :(

I was happy to post the link because the first I had heard from them was in an email sent by the Administrator of this forum.

MoldableMedia won't be doing the websites now. Matt who was running it for me bailed out after taking cash!!!

I've now got his PC as part payment. And I'll be refunding the money to people who have paid. But if they want their websites doing, I'll do them myself.

In the meantime I'm training another guy up to take on the workload who I think will be much more appreciative of the offer.

So bear with me while I clear up this mess. I'll get in touch with all those who enquired and especially those who paid this coming week. Then once this mess is sorted out I'll repost the offer with the new guy around Xmas time so you can see some of the sites we've done and make up your mind.

But as the offer was through the forum, and I plugged it, the cash is coming out of my own pocket for refunds for you guys. I'm sorry to say my choice in 'web guy' was waaaaaay off target.

Thanks for your patience.

Thanks very much for helping resolve this issue, it is much appreciated. I feel it would be a great benefit for us to gain some knowledge about the finer sides of webdesign and to be able to get advice and even design services off this forum. Hopefully the link you are trying to set up with your new design guy can help us all to improve our profiles and ranking on the web Thanks again Paul

I built my own website a few years back & I would highly recommend it. I get a lot of work through it. I update it daily & I get lots of comments from customers about how easy it is to use & information provided.

My costs were - £6.99 for .com & £5.99 for .co.uk (so no one can steal my name)
Bought my domains from www.UK2.net & I pay they fees for the domains every year...that's it! No other costs!

My web hosting is free - www.000webhost.com which has its own free website builder & is completely free. I have upgraded so I can have an external SMTP server for my mail which I can use on my iPhone or iPad. Think that's about £20 a year but not required as is accessible via the net.

Check it out if you like & happy to answer any question regarding building your own.

www.coupleatools.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Built website in about 2 hours & was live within 24. Gradually over the first few months I changed & edited it to get it the way I wanted. Now I spend about 5 mins to update my availability when it's required to make sure it's up to date & at the end of a job, if I feel like loading more pics on to it, can spend anything from 5 mins to 20 mins uploading pics. The uploader for the site is quite quick & very easy to use. You can upload up to 5 pics at a time which makes it quicker. I'm always tweaking & fine tuning it to make it more informative & accessible for the customer. Generally I'll spend 10 min in the morning while having my coffee updating larger things & can update availability anytime from my iPhone or iPad

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, just realised you work for a media company. I thought that was an honest question, not in the way you intended it!
My point is anybody can build a website in a few hours for a fraction of the price than these over charged website companies! Anyone genually wanting to know more on how to do it your self, pm me or email me via my £6.99 a year website! ;)

Fair point. I agree that not everyone can do everything themselves, hence why there's a business for everything.
My point was that anyone wanting to try it themselves, can at a fraction of the cost, that's what the thread was initially about.

I hate seeing anyone getting ripped off for anything. £400 to build a website is a joke. Less than a tenner for the domain & free hosting so £390 for a days shift max to build a site including £60 pa fees.
At that, the customer can't constantly update there own site if they wish & probably don't even have an email account linked through there website. Only a hotmail, live, sky, ntl or other email account which IMO is rather unprofessional.
As I said, I just hate seeing people getting ripped off so please don't take this as a dig towards you or what you do. It's just my feelings towards it.
If it were about £100 setup & £10 fees pa, with a website linked email, I'd agree that's fair.

I run my own website, I bought the domain through Freeola and use their free hosting. As has previously been mentioned it's basically an online interactive business card. I need to update mine a bit when time permits but all of the info is there so I'm not too worried and as with you (Bubblecraft) for the .co.uk and the .com it cost me just about £10 a year + I upgraded my email service to be able to use the SMTP server outside of their domain and on my phone etc but thats only a couple quid a month. Still very reasonable for a website.

Reply to websites in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net