Discuss What do I need for a emergency lighting cert in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

R

Rauer

Hi been asked to do an emergency lighting cert for a company I do a fair amount of electrical work for , is there any particular course or registration that I need?

BS 5266 says where national regulations do not apply the following checks shall be completed:

Daily:
Visual confirmation of LED indicators, central battery cubicles, self-contained units etc.
Monthly:
Duration testing (Partial Duration)
Check condition of fittings, present? Clean? Functioning correctly?
Annually:
Duration testing (Full Duration)

The reason for partial duration on the monthly test is to limit the risk posed by draining the batteries do. If there was a true emergency just after you had just completed a full duration test the emergency lights would not have had sufficient time to fully recharge.

BS5266 says a log book shall be kept on the premises in the care of a responsible person appointed by the occupier/owner and shall be readily available for examination by any duly authorized person.

The log book shall be used to record at least the following information:-

1. Date of commissioning including certificates
  2. PIR dates
  3. Dates & brief service details, inspection or test
  4. Dates & brief details of any remedial works
  5. Dates & brief details of any alterations to the system
  6. If any auto test devices exist, the main characteristics and the mode of operation shall be described.

Reply to What do I need for a emergency lighting cert in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock