Discuss What is involved on electrical installation course level 2 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I am starting a course in electrical installation in 2016 because my maths and English is so poor to start in 2015 so I'm doing maths and English first but I want to learn stuff at home, like stuff i need to know. I am so into it but I don't know what to look at I have john Whitfield 17 edition bs7671 and I don't know what I need to look at really can someone help me out please I just want to learn abit about it what sections to look at and read up on. Thanks

For what it's worth Lee, if you are so sure your Math and English is poor, and you don't intend to start electrical studies until 2016, I would concentrate on getting those two subjects up to scratch first, others may have different advice, but that's what I would recommend. Good luck with your studies.

For what it's worth Lee, if you are so sure your Math and English is poor, and you don't intend to start electrical studies until 2016, I would concentrate on getting those two subjects up to scratch first, others may have different advice, but that's what I would recommend. Good luck with your studies.
Yeah pete I know mate I do need to don't want to stress myself out too much need to work on maths and English but just want to know more about it too

You would also benefit by getting used to physical work. Try and get work as a mate or even as a unskilled labourer on a site not necessarily electrical, it would help to develop your hands

John Whitfield books are very good, for the electrical craft principles, plenty of pictures very well explained, used them as part of the 236 syllabus over 35years ago.

Reply to What is involved on electrical installation course level 2 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net