Discuss What PAT testing software do you use? in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Reaction score
Reply with the make and perhaps a link or something to where to get it, and I'll compile a list and make a poll next week so we can see what's the most used.

Currently using Seaward PATGuard 2 pro
considering upgrading to PATGuard3 although not sure if I can justify the costs for the amount of testing I do though

Megger PAT4 & Powersuite Professional
I use the Megger PAT450 and PowerSuite software. It has to be said that it makes it very simple when transferring from the tester to the certificate. And when I had some fields going in strange places on the certificate Megger adjusted the fields in the software so that everything appeared correctly.

I use the Megger PAT450 and PowerSuite software. It has to be said that it makes it very simple when transferring from the tester to the certificate. And when I had some fields going in strange places on the certificate Megger adjusted the fields in the software so that everything appeared correctly.
Hey,

I just purchased the 450, decent tester it seems, it didn't come with the software but the USB transfer to Excel document looks ok. Is the software a worthwhile buy?

Hey,

I just purchased the 450, decent tester it seems, it didn't come with the software but the USB transfer to Excel document looks ok. Is the software a worthwhile buy?
I already had the software for installation testing, but definitely it makes it very easy to create PAT testing certificates. I haven't tried the Excel document thing so not sure what that comes out like.

I actually no longer use it for installation testing because - despite it being fantastic software - it no longer produces NIC certs so I got the NIC cert software. (I presume NIC wouldn't licence them to produce their certs.)

Reply to What PAT testing software do you use? in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net