Discuss What percentage of Sparks voted Brexit? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

What gets my goat is I was against the EU long before Brexit was ever conceived, it wasn't a daily topic in the biased media (on both sides) yet it influenced everyone's lives, now I get accused of been racist, bigoted, brainwashed, deluded by a brigade of beermat experts who probably didn't have the first clue about the EU until 'we' voted to leave... all of a sudden my decades of interest and following of EU politics is irrelevant and they act like they are the all knowing oracles, the superior knowledge.
Don't get me wrong I appreciate and respect anyone's opinion but simply disagreeing with a post and not bringing anything to the table to support your own opinions is not making for a strong defence. (PS no aimed at anyone, just generalising)

The very fact we were taken into the EU through an illegal arrangment and act by Edward Heath seems to be lost, as it was illegal we are not for all intents or purposes a legal member of the EU but I guess the 10billion a year they received was a nice way to overlook that technicality.
It is and always has been part of the British law that what Heath did should have been done by consultation of the people either with a referendum or general election, he didn't and when asked many yrs later why he never asked the people or his own party he responded 'because they would have said no'. Its so ironic the storm this kicked up at the time that when we actually do give the people the say as is required by law then we have an outcry of people complaining we didn't know what we were voting for, I have yet to find 1 person who fits that claim.

Well that balances nicely Adam, all us 'whiney, self-loathing lefty sheep' were brainwashed by leftie teachers at school.

LOL the difference here is there are strong statistics to back that claim up, their are certain trades, industries and positions that tend to be dominated by left wingers

Teaching
Acting
Singers
Comedians etc ... it's not just a accusation it is very real, the real question that needs asking is whether as in a teacher this effects the way they teach and evidence suggests they do indeed promote more liberal left views and tend to shut down right wing views... quite disturbing to be honest that you are institutionally taught in a left wing environment.
How Politically Biased Is Each Industry? Check These Charts - https://mic.com/articles/103600/how-politically-biased-is-each-industry-check-these-charts#.Y9ewaG9rz

Just to add, this is why most comedy and satirical panel shows are very left wing attitudes, take your pic the list is endless regardless of channel but try to find a right wing biased comedy panel show and get back to me ;) .... there are right wing comedians but they are a rare find and usually keep quiet given the left wing atmosphere they tend to mingle in, it can see you black balled even in this day and age... the irony is its funny watching them all squirm knowing they are not in power and the best they can do is Corbyn and Abbot :D now that's entertainment :)

What gets my goat is I was against the EU long before Brexit was ever conceived, it wasn't a daily topic in the biased media (on both sides) yet it influenced everyone's lives, now I get accused of been racist, bigoted, brainwashed, deluded by a brigade of beermat experts who probably didn't have the first clue about the EU until 'we' voted to leave... all of a sudden my decades of interest and following of EU politics is irrelevant and they act like they are the all knowing oracles, the superior knowledge.
Don't get me wrong I appreciate and respect anyone's opinion but simply disagreeing with a post and not bringing anything to the table to support your own opinions is not making for a strong defence. (PS no aimed at anyone, just generalising)

The very fact we were taken into the EU through an illegal arrangment and act by Edward Heath seems to be lost, as it was illegal we are not for all intents or purposes a legal member of the EU but I guess the 10billion a year they received was a nice way to overlook that technicality.
It is and always has been part of the British law that what Heath did should have been done by consultation of the people either with a referendum or general election, he didn't and when asked many yrs later why he never asked the people or his own party he responded 'because they would have said no'. Its so ironic the storm this kicked up at the time that when we actually do give the people the say as is required by law then we have an outcry of people complaining we didn't know what we were voting for, I have yet to find 1 person who fits that claim.

darkwood you might have a point, but the point is you talk too much. Just saying.

Just to add, this is why most comedy and satirical panel shows are very left wing attitudes, take your pic the list is endless regardless of channel but try to find a right wing biased comedy panel show and get back to me ;) .... there are right wing comedians but they are a rare find and usually keep quiet given the left wing atmosphere they tend to mingle in, it can see you black balled even in this day and age... the irony is its funny watching them all squirm knowing they are not in power and the best they can do is Corbyn and Abbot :D now that's entertainment :)

You've lived a sheltered life;
:)

Was the reality of leaving the EU explained to the voters?not for one moment
Every day something such as the below comes to light.
There is not a day goes by where practical reality goes against the wild claims of those who duped you into voting leave

Asked whether the UK was making plans to stockpile food
Is UK preparing to stockpile food? - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-44972582/brexit-is-uk-planning-to-stockpile-food

Regarding new drugs that become available and front line research that drives the industry
Must see this to get a glimpse of what will become of the UK in practice and not what the dreamers have you believe

Brexit guide: Medicines - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-43118667/chris-morris-explores-how-brexit-could-affect-medicines-and-medical-research

Realities such as these are everywhere to be seen and come to light more and more as the silly decision gets ever greater scrutiny

Each day the realities of leaving are finally being made aware to the public

The Irish border was a subject that hardly anybody contemplated, yet this issue (that cannot and will not be resolved) has fearful consequences
The solid border that will "have" to be implemented if we leave,it could restart the troubled times that were so hard fought to leave in the past

You may likely get a second chance to put right your poor decision to leave,don't waste that chance by voting for the silly party once again

the question of the Irish border is an issue that should be discussed between the British government and the Irish. the meddling eourocrats need to be told to get their noses out of our business and stick them back into the trough that they feed from, albeit without the millions they.ve been siphoning off us for the lat 40 years.

@Des

Firstly on the Irish border, this is one of the biggest red herrings of all it is purposely been blown all out of proportion fuelled by the EU and backed by the Irish PM who is under pressure to follow suit.
Before we joined the EEC that then became the EU we already had an informal common travel area policy which worked fine for all its purposes, we already have a successfully operating financial border without the need for a hard border, let's take N'Ireland for instance, in 2016 it only exported 3billion of goods to the whole of the EU given that it's total exports amount to just under 80billion then it is not a big issue to do the paperwork at source and delivery point as is often done in other EU countries not part of the Customs union, of that 80billion only 4billion goes to Ireland and again the trade is so small it is completely manageable with the suggested methods by our goverment.
Why won't the EU agree, the EU biggest fear is a domino effect, skipping past all the initial scaremongering running up to the vote most of the major financial institutes are reflecting very positive predictions for the UK's future trade position, this is reflected strongly by record breaking investment in 2017 into the UK, any other EU member seeing brexit as a success will take a close look at its own position and especially countries that are suffering under the EU flag like Greece, Italy Spain etc ... making a massive issue out of the Border and even dragging the peace agreement into it will make it look like it's a very bad path to take give all the other EU nations are bordering directly excluding Ireland.
We know this is been overplayed because when Brexit first happened and the first round of talks were taking place, the Irish border was a non issue and even Ireland agreed practical solutions would be easy to implement to keep the borders soft, funny how since the EU needed a desperate reason to stall and try scupper brexit that the Irish PM has U-turned on this and taken the EU's stance, I suggest rather than listen to the voices of the negotiating opposition and the biased reporting of the BBC you talk to the paramilitary for real feedback The ex-IRA men: ‘United Ireland? It’s all guff’ - https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/the-ex-ira-men-united-ireland-it-s-all-guff-1.3041131

The Irony here is the massive elephant in the room regarding the IRA, while people speculate a return to violence over N-Ireland it seems oblivious to the Irish government handing vast amounts of power to Brussels over the last few decades, strange that a group who wants a return to 1 full autonomous Ireland is willingly giving powers away.

On medicines, in the eventuality of a no Brexit and a WTO arrangement then we need to ensure we are not going to fall short of medical supplies, it will take a bit of time to arrange things following a no deal WTO result so quite rightly we are taking steps to protect ourselves just in case. I would be surprised if you think getting prepared for both deal or no deal is a bad move.

Was the reality of leaving the EU explained to the voters?not for one moment
Every day something such as the below comes to light.
There is not a day goes by where practical reality goes against the wild claims of those who duped you into voting leave

Asked whether the UK was making plans to stockpile food
Is UK preparing to stockpile food? - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-44972582/brexit-is-uk-planning-to-stockpile-food

Regarding new drugs that become available and front line research that drives the industry
Must see this to get a glimpse of what will become of the UK in practice and not what the dreamers have you believe

Brexit guide: Medicines - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-43118667/chris-morris-explores-how-brexit-could-affect-medicines-and-medical-research

Realities such as these are everywhere to be seen and come to light more and more as the silly decision gets ever greater scrutiny

Each day the realities of leaving are finally being made aware to the public

The Irish border was a subject that hardly anybody contemplated, yet this issue (that cannot and will not be resolved) has fearful consequences
The solid border that will "have" to be implemented if we leave,it could restart the troubled times that were so hard fought to leave in the past

You may likely get a second chance to put right your poor decision to leave,don't waste that chance by voting for the silly party once again

Give it up Des, darkwoods humongous dissertations are hurting my head. o_O

Your probably right @Midwest ... i have my views and shown why others have there own and tbh no one knows what will be the outcome or what will happen 'positive or negative' I'm sure camp leave will rally on all the positive outcomes and vice versa the remain camp on the negatives for yrs to come but as long as we thrive with a better economy then a few sacrifices are going to be expected from such a massive change.
I just hope we get what the electorate was promised and not a fudged half in half out scenario because that would be bad

I'm still waiting. Can't go into realms on that one, can ya. Some people get they priorities all wrong. Get the basics right, everything else will fall into place. :praying:

Are you refering to your duty free lol... it's like an earlier comment i made, some people rate the damage of brexit on how much beer they get to the pound on holiday and they think that this is the main priority :eek:

Reply to What percentage of Sparks voted Brexit? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net