Search the forum,

Discuss What qualification next??? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

I

isitnow

Hi guys need your advice. I'm a qualified electrician to 17th standard and ive also done my 2391 inspect and test and i want to keep going.

Atm im working for a contracting company but this won't be for ever so im just wondering which route to go next perhaps a design course so in future when and if i start my own firm it will help in anyway. What route have any of you gone in my situation. Im 23 now and dont want to leave a big gap between learning.

Any recommendations would be great thanks

:iagree:

and you've got half of it in bag with your 2391

Ok sounds good to me i had heard of this one and was the one i was interested in do you have this archy and do you know what this qualifies me to do ill take a guess and say design lol calcs on circuits etc.

Ill look into the course on google now but if you have any additional info thagt would be great, i will hit the thanks button aswell lol

:iagree: as well.....

2391 design course
HNC electrical / electronic engineering

or possibly better if you are going to build up your installation business

HNC Building Services electrical

Ok sounds good to me i had heard of this one and was the one i was interested in do you have this archy and do you know what this qualifies me to do ill take a guess and say design lol calcs on circuits etc.

Ill look into the course on google now but if you have any additional info thagt would be great, i will hit the thanks button aswell lol

I got it when it was called 2400, about 7 years ago.
I suppose having it wouldn't harm your chances of getting into installation design, in a warm office sat in front of the computer playing with design software!
Apart from that, I think it gives you a much better understanding of the regs etc and you'll be a better electrician for it.

The fact you're considering doing it, I say, do it! You'll walk it, seeing as you've passed the 2391 exam.

As keeny & ackbar have said, HNC would be good but I don't know how they work time wise. I did the full on degree back in the 90s, that was 3 years full time.
I wouldn't do that now though, ending up with a £30000 plus debt at the end of it!

I got it when it was called 2400, about 7 years ago.
I suppose having it wouldn't harm your chances of getting into installation design, in a warm office sat in front of the computer playing with design software!
Apart from that, I think it gives you a much better understanding of the regs etc and you'll be a better electrician for it.

The fact you're considering doing it, I say, do it! You'll walk it, seeing as you've passed the 2391 exam.

As keeny & ackbar have said, HNC would be good but I don't know how they work time wise. I did the full on degree back in the 90s, that was 3 years full time.
I wouldn't do that now though, ending up with a £30000 plus debt at the end of it!

Thanks mate i looked into the course and had the impresson it was an office type qualification, but like you said it would be good to get a greater understanding of the regs ill definately look into the course and ty and get on it soon cheers mate much appreciated.

Reply to What qualification next??? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back