Discuss Whats a Reasonable time to issue cert to council in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Good evening Guys.Quick Question . After carrying out a EICR for a new kitchen circuit and replacement consumer unit in December 2018, The builder has only just recently issued the certificate to the local council.Who have changed thier policy with a new man at the helm.I will state i am fully qualified and have all ,y tickets and Quals to test and 18th edition. The council for years have accepted this as a competamt person on both my own installs and for others.They now wont accept it as the installer cannot produce his Quals as he is now retired and isnt interesdted.What is a reasdonable lenght of time that the cert should be issued to the council is my question.
They are not queriing my credentials and have staed will accept my installs .So how long do you think .Its been18th months since the work was completed.
Thanks

It I suppose has to be 5 years and that is maximum time you can use one for.
These new Regulations require landlords to have the electrical installations in their properties inspected and tested by a person who is qualified and competent, at least every 5 years. Landlords have to provide a copy of the electrical safety report to their tenants, and to their local authority if requested.
so the owner only needs to give the council the certificate if they ask for it. It does not need to be given to them unless asked.

Reply to Whats a Reasonable time to issue cert to council in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock