Discuss where are you working today? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

been installing 25mm galv..on me own..im feling sore.and all i can smell is trefolex..could be a sparky aftershave,trefolex with a hint of galv...:goofy:

Went back to my CU change job I did on Saturday as I forgot:dizzy2: to test the RCDs it was only when I tried to transfer the data over from my quick check sheet (thats supposed to remind me to test them) that I noticed it. Still got a wee bathroom light that no worky worky this afternoon from the letting agent.

Also Kung swinging a Cat and RSPCA the term not enough room to swing a Cat is derived from the old sea salts the Cat being a Cat O nine tails hence why a Cat has 9 lives this also leads on to you scratch my back and Ill scratch yours So dont say you dont get educated on this forum who knows you may even learn something about electrics LOL
Also on a nautical note the expression a square meal comes from the days when the navy used square plates, also the plates had a lip round the edge called the fiddle and a portion was just below the fiddle.anyone who,s came above that was said to be on the fiddle,this term later came to be used to describe anyone who was having more of something than they should!

A bit like the "Devil and the deep blue sea" the Devil being the ridge on the outside of the ship just below the canon window and when the lad had to climb out to put the ball in he was told mind son theres nothing between you but the Devil and the deep blue sea.

Ok away out for a beer but where does the you scratch my back come into it and no googling please

"Ok away out for a beer but where does the you scratch my back come into it and no googling please"

Going by the topic your talking about and the big hint you gave I would say its to do with sailors that have been whipped and helping each other with their injuries. Am I on the right line?

A bit like the "Devil and the deep blue sea" the Devil being the ridge on the outside of the ship just below the canon window and when the lad had to climb out to put the ball in he was told mind son theres nothing between you but the Devil and the deep blue sea.

Ok away out for a beer but where does the you scratch my back come into it and no googling please
Don,t know but what I will tell you is the first registered trade mark in britain was the red triangle used by bass breweries,many years ago that question came up in a pub quiz and the qm said "there,s only one got it right and its either a right clever sod or someone from Bass, which is it?" to which i replied"actually I,m a contractor for Bass technical services" lol

Also on a nautical note the expression a square meal comes from the days when the navy used square plates, also the plates had a lip round the edge called the fiddle and a portion was just below the fiddle.anyone who,s came above that was said to be on the fiddle,this term later came to be used to describe anyone who was having more of something than they should!

Isn't the term shake a leg also a nautical term from the time the matelots took women on board?

Pub quiz knowledge:- The first moving pictures were taken from the 3rd floor of a riverside building in Leeds over looking the Leeds bridge..... Not posh but at least we beat the French :).

Back on topic. Have I finished putting in the new dishwasher? Have I hell. The "simple little job" that her in doors thinks that it is, took a bit longer, just as I said to her but you know what supervisors are like!

Jigsaw out the unit base and kick plate, plane down the door, relocate the door support beam so the bloody thing fit, extend and clip under cabinet light cables (that bob the builder fitted before we moved in), fit a fcu that Bob should have done, refit structural wood that I ripped out at stage one (or it wouldn't fit), hack saw the wing nut bolts that hold down the sink drainer and take instructions from my wife all afternoon! Not a good day. Finish it tomorrow before I go off to play golf.

Does anyone else suffer from the saying "it will only take.... or ....its only just....." . I bloody did today! Beer o'clock now, good night gents.

Pub quiz knowledge:- The first moving pictures were taken from the 3rd floor of a riverside building in Leeds over looking the Leeds bridge..... Not posh but at least we beat the French :).

Back on topic. Have I finished putting in the new dishwasher? Have I hell. The "simple little job" that her in doors thinks that it is, took a bit longer, just as I said to her but you know what supervisors are like!

Jigsaw out the unit base and kick plate, plane down the door, relocate the door support beam so the bloody thing fit, extend and clip under cabinet light cables (that bob the builder fitted before we moved in), fit a fcu that Bob should have done, refit structural wood that I ripped out at stage one (or it wouldn't fit), hack saw the wing nut bolts that hold down the sink drainer and take instructions from my wife all afternoon! Not a good day. Finish it tomorrow before I go off to play golf.

Does anyone else suffer from the saying "it will only take.... or ....its only just....." . I bloody did today! Beer o'clock now, good night gents.

your dragging that job out paul,its only a dishwasher....i agree with mrs paul...:p

Does anyone else suffer from the saying "it will only take.... or ....its only just....." .

Suffer it all the time mate...Recently changed my shower (clearly a five minute job) and was about to upgrade the breaker when my wife told me i didn't need to do that! After nearly 30 years in the job i am so glad she was there to keep me right....lol

It's not a holiday here so I've been busy working a normal day in the workshop and the office finishing the end of month stuff.

We've developed an intermittent RCD tripping problem at home so I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing this weekend.

been up to my arms in sh'ite today with a blocked drain. Involved an hour round trip to the other side of town to screwfix to pick up a draincleaning tool thingy, which was good, but didn't work. OOnly seemed to drag up roots. Hang on... roots aren't supposed to be in drains are they? Oh dear..

Ok I will tell you “youscratch my back and I will scratch your” When a captain wanted to instil discipline on a ship he would hand out 10 lashes to the offender but at the same time he wanted loyalty first so he got the offenders ship mate to give out the lashes.So in other words don’t cut my back too much because I am doing you next time.

my dishwasher would be angry if i tried to fit her into the base units.

Reply to where are you working today? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net