Discuss Which brand new Insulated screwdriver set is worth buying in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

I once was on a site once when one of the young apprentice touched a live meter tail onto a bit of earthed mental trunking to see what it would do

the flash bang was rather impressive and it took out the 100a fuse

he was sent home to think about his actions

I once was on a site once when one of the young apprentice touched a live meter tail onto a bit of earthed mental trunking to see what it would do

the flash bang was rather impressive and it took out the 100a fuse

he was sent home to think about his actions
nothing wrong with "Experience-Based Learning". Possibly a time and a place though ?

I thought about sets. Then as most of us learn , we only use 2-3 drivers on a daily basis . And If i had a set i would spend time messing around putting the bits back in the wrap and wanting another handle so i can have at least 2 drivers "On da go" .

@GBDamo What is the red thing in the elastic retainer at the crease on the right at the end of the row of sockets?
Apparently a screw holder, not tried it in anger so jury is out. The rest is very nice though.

As for only needing two screw drivers, I think most of us 'get away' with two drivers and chowder screws in doing so. Having pretty much every driver in such a small package means I'm much more likely to change the bit that struggle.

I use it as a grab bag, with a small pair of side cutters and pliers, on reactive jobs and rarely need to go back to the van.

Saves hauling the 20+kg back pack round.

Works for now, until I add to it and add to it and it ends up the same as the 20+kg back pack.

Apparently a screw holder, not tried it in anger so jury is out. The rest is very nice though.

As for only needing two screw drivers, I think most of us 'get away' with two drivers and chowder screws in doing so. Having pretty much every driver in such a small package means I'm much more likely to change the bit that struggle.

I use it as a grab bag, with a small pair of side cutters and pliers, on reactive jobs and rarely need to go back to the van.

Saves hauling the 20+kg back pack round.

Works for now, until I add to it and add to it and it ends up the same as the 20+kg back pack.
ON a typical domestic .The chances are 3 drivers will be the most you will be needing on average I think ?

ON a typical domestic .The chances are 3 drivers will be the most you will be needing on average I think ?

2x slotted & PZ2.

Many sets will provide 2 handles, which means swapping blades, but they also provide PZ/S and several Torx blades that might save you carrying a fourth driver and running to the van for that small socket set. Nothing to stop anyone adding an extra handle or swapping out blades for more useful alternatives - maybe a popular size of hex (or #2 Robertson for those in NI).

Reply to Which brand new Insulated screwdriver set is worth buying in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net