Discuss Which brand new Insulated screwdriver set is worth buying in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Just picked up a set of Bahco Ergo Vde drivers (the ones with the black handles) to try out this summer.
Only used the PZ2 so far (today in fact) but the grip is nice and the tips seem strong.
Paid £13.50 for the set off an Ebay re-seller as the box was damaged so sold me cheap. Think they retail around £25 normally.

----ing about with Lidl and Aldi own brand tools

Frig sake lads, treat yourselves with something decent.
don't knock it if you've not tried it. i have a few aldi cordless tools. e.g. a 18V SDS drill , OK fot the smaller jobs. up to 10mm, my go to tool for drilling for wall plugs. £50 with 3 year warranty.and if i drop it off a ladder, not a fortune lost.

I'm with Tel , sometimes its not worth spending much. When I did lots of re-wires I had a crappy old drill 240v made by dirt devil which i paid about £9 for in woolworths. I used it and abused it for drilling 20mm holes in joists and threw it around with wreckless abandon. It lasted years and years.
I often buy the packs of Aldi drill bits again to use and abuse then throw away

don't knock it if you've not tried it. i have a few aldi cordless tools. e.g. a 18V SDS drill , OK fot the smaller jobs. up to 10mm, my go to tool for drilling for wall plugs. £50 with 3 year warranty.and if i drop it off a ladder, not a fortune lost.
I had a Parkside drill for years and years, it was was a good drill for the money . At first it was one I used that I would not care if it got nicked . I ended up respecting it, I still have it , but the batteries are done in.

Wiha with slim tips get my vote. 3 sets later and only broke one head.
Pound for pound they are imo the best vde drivers on the market, I have a set and they get used and abused and still going strong. £20 a set you can't go wrong really...
I am going to try Bahco for a while to see how they compare the next few months

Oddly enough I was just in Lidl and they have a VDE set quite cheap (forget number, decided to resit yet another set).

Something like that is handy for either stuff you hardly use (e.g. odd tools in the car just in case), or a tool bag that others tend to "borrow" stuff from and then don't return it in the best condition.

Ended up With "slim" Wiha that arrived today .Found a deal that included what i wanted .Then added a pair of SL/PZ1/2 Zeno's . £41 all in next day delivered etc .
I'LL go out on a limb here why all the who ha about insulated drivers when you aint allowed to work live anyway , tin hat on awaiting the onslaught from tool tarts every where

There are also times when its necessary to check the tightness of MCB terminals (busbar end), for example, without wanting to isolate the entire board. Might not be "by the book" but we've all done it I expect, and I wouldn't ever do it with a non vde- screwdriver

Reply to Which brand new Insulated screwdriver set is worth buying in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net